Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Fremont, 6/23-24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would someone please test the user adjustable aspect of the air suspension for me? I believe you can raise the car to two different levels at low and very low speed. It would be awesome if someone actually had time to measure the clearance with people in it as well. I am curious how accurate the specs are. Thanks.

I saw this happen with the green car in rather a strange manner. Someone was about to go off on a test drive, pulled out of the loading area, then, stopped suddenly tire skid marks and all; the car then lifted up noticeably to two different levels and then settled down into the initial drive stance. Then, mysteriously, all the occupants got out and a couple of Tesla folks got in and drove the car to the back. Didn't see the Green again for sometime after that. Not sure what to make of it all but, maybe, they realized a little late that the car needed charging?! And, the driver experimented with the air suspension settings before getting out?!

In any case, the three height settings that I saw were very noticeable. HTH.

I've heard no review of the audio system yet. Could someone please review the audio system today please? It would be great to know the difference in sound quality from both systems.
The test drives really aren't set up with that in mind. You get a random car (whatever comes back from the drive when you are at front of queue). You have a nice mix of roads to play on, you get your heartrate going, you get back and catch your breath back at the event area as somebody else gets in the car you just left.

But if somebody does manage to load up their own music and do a compare and contrast then that would be fantastic!

I saw this happen with the green car in rather a strange manner. Someone was about to go off on a test drive, pulled out of the loading area, then, stopped suddenly tire skid marks and all; the car then lifted up noticeably to two different levels and then settled down into the initial drive stance. Then, mysteriously, all the occupants got out and a couple of Tesla folks got in and drove the car to the back. Didn't see the Green again for sometime after that. Not sure what to make of it all but, maybe, they realized a little late that the car needed charging?! And, the driver experimented with the air suspension settings before getting out?!

That sounds a little concerning. I hope you're right and it isn't the air suspension early issues with changing heights while moving. Anyone have direct experience of changing car heights while moving?

The test drives really aren't set up with that in mind. You get a random car (whatever comes back from the drive when you are at front of queue). You have a nice mix of roads to play on, you get your heartrate going, you get back and catch your breath back at the event area as somebody else gets in the car you just left.

But if somebody does manage to load up their own music and do a compare and contrast then that would be fantastic!

All I'm interested in is for someone to pump the music for 30 seconds and compare it to another car (hopefully the best audio you've ever heard in a car):biggrin:

Thanks to anyone who can do this! I'm going to in Bellevue in 2 weeks, so jealous of those who've already experienced the production cars!

haha..there I go w/ the color card in the beginning ;>
pretty green!
funny to see yourself in so many videos

your copilot gave you slower target speeds than I got for those first 2 corners. I heard 85 for the sweeping left and 30-40 for the tight right but I think you could do 120+ for the sweep and 45 on the corner(w/ 5 people in the car) :scared:

yes, from your snow Roadster video I was confused since you looked very different:wink: (and I expect more from you! i had it floored as soon as we were out of the first gate still turning onto the straightaway)
|
\/

Last edited:
From what I remember on the beta's, the arm rest is the same material as the seats, nothing touches your skin but leather (well, if you opted for the napa leather that is).

Leather (either real or synthetc) touching my skin is what I hope to avoid, so that's why I am hoping the armrest is the same fabric as the seats if you opt for microfiber interior. The lower dash is a synthetic leather in the microfiber cars I think.

Just got back from our fabulous test drive. What a car! But the drive was not without some drama. We assigned to the lead car of the first group this morning. The "co-pilot" told me to pull forward about 70 yards, and then pull over to do any final adjustments to mirrors, seats etc. As I slowed, POW!, the white Model S behind me plowed right into us. My wife in the back seat bumped her head on the roof, and I bounced off the head rest. Fortunately the air-bags didn't activate. But we were hit plenty hard. Everyone came running over to make sure we were ok, and called 911 (over our protests). We finally convinced them that were fine. So off we went. After pulling out onto Kato the co-pilot was instructed to have us turn around and return which we did. But were again able to convince them that we were fine, so off we went. As luck would have it, we were now the last car in the group with the white Model S in front of us. He was obviously a bit shaken as he didn't seem to want to air-it-out, if you know what I mean. After the ride we were directed over to an area where the paramedics had setup. Again we said we were fine. Even George B himself came over to make sure we were ok. I told him no problem, as long as I could take the car home with me...now! Unfortunately, no dice. But the staff were all most accommodating. The ace driver behind us, however, never seemed to feel the need to apologize.

But the car exceeded my expectations. Especially the regen braking. Very natural and didn't really use the brakes once on the ride. And considering how hard we were hit, the damage was minimal (see below.)

WLH_120624_013.jpg

Just got back from our fabulous test drive. What a car! But the drive was not without some drama. We assigned to the lead car of the first group this morning. The "co-pilot" told me to pull forward about 70 yards, and then pull over to do any final adjustments to mirrors, seats etc. As I slowed, POW!, the white Model S behind me plowed right into us. My wife in the back seat bumped her head on the roof, and I bounced off the head rest. Fortunately the air-bags didn't activate. But we were hit plenty hard. Everyone came running over to make sure we were ok, and called 911 (over our protests). We finally convinced them that were fine. So off we went. After pulling out onto Kato the co-pilot was instructed to have us turn around and return which we did. But were again able to convince them that we were fine, so off we went. As luck would have it, we were now the last car in the group with the white Model S in front of us. He was obviously a bit shaken as he didn't seem to want to air-it-out, if you know what I mean. After the ride we were directed over to an area where the paramedics had setup. Again we said we were fine. Even George B himself came over to make sure we were ok. I told him no problem, as long as I could take the car home with me...now! Unfortunately, no dice. But the staff were all most accommodating. The ace driver behind us, however, never seemed to feel the need to apologize.

But the car exceeded my expectations. Especially the regen braking. Very natural and didn't really use the brakes once on the ride. And considering how hard we were hit, the damage was minimal (see below.)

View attachment 7068
Glad everyone's alright.

For the forum: Is the first Model S "ding" on record?

For napabill: I think you're the first customer that is able to report on how the Model S safety factors in for such scenarios. Any more details to offer?

Glad you and your passengers are okay. It's also nice to know that the Model S can take a reasonable hit and not have severe cosmetic damage (I don't think anyone is worried about structural damage to the Model S).

Sounds like it was thrown into park by accident.

The only thing my wife noted was that the rear seats do not have head rests but there really isn't room. And technically, I would think the award for first ding goes to the bozo who hit me! But, again, considering the jolt we took, I was amazed that there wasn't a crumple. Just paint scarring. My Boxster would've been in the shop for $2,000 with that hit.