Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Fremont, 6/23-24

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took the test drive today at 3 pm and here are the photos - Tesla Test Drive June 23rd 2012 - a set on Flickr. There 98 photos with shots of the the various colors. Some of the factory floor too since I noticed that it was different from the October Factory tour.

I was brought to the back area twice. Once to see the Sunset Red with the fabric seats and opportunity console and rear seat with the center console. The center console was not the kind that retracts into the seat, it looks locked in i.e. with latch. I could not tell.

The second time around, I saw the Pacific Blue with tan leather interior. I took a picture of the super charger; which I was told that the white fridge super charger is just a prototype and that I should not stand too close to it.

Nice shots of the microfiber interior. It looks like in that car the floor of the opportunity console is carpet again. Was that a legacy thing, or intentional since it was non sig or microfiber?

I took the test drive today at 3 pm and here are the photos - Tesla Test Drive June 23rd 2012 - a set on Flickr. There 98 photos with shots of the the various colors. Some of the factory floor too since I noticed that it was different from the October Factory tour.

I was brought to the back area twice. Once to see the Sunset Red with the fabric seats and opportunity console and rear seat with the center console. The center console was not the kind that retracts into the seat, it looks locked in i.e. with latch. I could not tell.

The second time around, I saw the Pacific Blue with tan leather interior. I took a picture of the super charger; which I was told that the white fridge super charger is just a prototype and that I should not stand too close to it.
What was your opinion on the microfiber interior and did you get a chance to compare the 8-way seat to the 12-way seat? Just trying to decide if sticking with the microfiber is a reasonable option for cutting cost or if there's a big enough comfort and durability and appearance difference that I need to bite the bullet for the leather.

That would negate speculation that the new ribbed floor is "standard". Would be great if someone could confirm today :)

The ribbed floor isn't standard but is part of the opportunity console prototype. GeorgeB told me that, eventually, one will be able to order one's console with the car and it will be installed before delivery, but for those who get their vehicles before the consoles are done, it will likely be something that a tech installs for you.

How was the headroom in the back seat? Previous demos I had sat in had a bump behind the panoramic roof which was uncomfortable for rear set passengers above 5'10". Were there any models without the panoramic roof to see if there is a difference in headroom in the rear seat?

I'm 5'10" and I rode in the back of one with the Panoramic roof. I had no headroom issues whatsoever.

I've heard no review of the audio system yet. Could someone please review the audio system today please? It would be great to know the difference in sound quality from both systems.

There was actually not much of an oppty to review anything else such as the audio system or the touchscreen console as I (and, I'm sure, many others) was (were) trying to take in the drive feel alone. The only stationary car on display was an older beta prototype.

Once some of these production cars make their way to stores, I think we'll get a chance.

Would someone please test the user adjustable aspect of the air suspension for me? I believe you can raise the car to two different levels at low and very low speed. It would be awesome if someone actually had time to measure the clearance with people in it as well. I am curious how accurate the specs are. Thanks.

The ribbed floor isn't standard but is part of the opportunity console prototype. GeorgeB told me that, eventually, one will be able to order one's console with the car and it will be installed before delivery, but for those who get their vehicles before the consoles are done, it will likely be something that a tech installs for you.

That's unfortunate. It could be months before we see that sexiness.