Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Washington D.C., 7/13 - 7/15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night on the news I saw that they've rescheduled the fireworks display at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds for 7/13. I believe that's pretty close to the Hilton where the event is being hosted. Gates open at 5PM so plan accordingly. http://www.gaithersburgmd.gov/poi/default.asp?POI_ID=309&TOC=307;309;&id=5720

What the freaking heck?! Is our county on crack or something-- the 4th was two days ago.

In other news, still no invite. Psniff.

Edit: Ah it's not our county; it's Gaithersburg that's on crack. ;-)

kendallpb,

I can't see where you are located, but the DC Metro area just went through some tremendous storms that took power down for 9 of 10 customers in the Montgomery County area (where Gaithersburg is located), and the fairgrounds that are used for the fireworks are used as the counties staging ground for power restoration efforts, hence no fireworks on the 4th. I'll say that I'm happier to have the power on, then the fireworks going off :)

Peter

gg,

I really would have thought the same thing, but in reality I ran out of gas while waiting in a very long line at one of the only gas stations with both power, and gas... I kept thinking that if I had my S already, I would have had quite a number of places I could have plugged in to charge up!

Peter

Last edited:
I can't see where you are located, but the DC Metro area just went through some tremendous storms that took power down for 9 of 10 customers in the Montgomery County area (where Gaithersburg is located), and the fairgrounds that are used for the fireworks are used as the counties staging ground for power restoration efforts, hence no fireworks on the 4th. I'll say that I'm happier to have the power on, then the fireworks going off :)

LOL...I'm in Silver Spring, i.e., Montgomery County, and I was out of power for like 90 hours or so. ;-) But I didn't know they used the fairgrounds for that. Thanks. I should just be grateful they're doing fireworks for my birthday....

I've been trying to find out which cars they will have in D.C., but they tell me they won't know until they come off the truck.
I'm really intrigued by the recent pics of the Blue. I'd love it if they have a Blue and a Black at this event since these are currently my two favorites.
Pearl White also looks interesting, but need to see them up front/live.
Can't wait!

I am a bit worried that I haven't gotten an email yet....I am guessing that most of the east coast waiting list for the Model S is jumping on the DC event. Since I am so "low" on the totem pole I may not get a shot to check out the S. I am going to call my Tesla rep and see if there is anything that I can do.

I am a bit worried that I haven't gotten an email yet....I am guessing that most of the east coast waiting list for the Model S is jumping on the DC event. Since I am so "low" on the totem pole I may not get a shot to check out the S. I am going to call my Tesla rep and see if there is anything that I can do.

let us know what you hear... i think a bunch of us are in the same situation, although i was really assuming there wouldn't be an issue getting a slot at P3867

let us know what you hear... i think a bunch of us are in the same situation, although i was really assuming there wouldn't be an issue getting a slot at P3867

I spoke to George (Tesla customer service rep) and he basically confirmed my suspisions. He can't help me get in the event and that since I am such a high reservation number there are a lot of folks ahead of me to sign up. He didn't have any details on the level of interest in the DC event but he agreed that since this is the first east coast event it probably was filling up quick.

I am sad now...

On a more upbeat note, George said that each store will be getting test drive cars by Sept so I should be able to get as many test drives as my heart can handle before taking delivery of my car in May 2013-ish :p

nrcooled,

I wouldn't get too sad yet. I don't know why the later numbers haven't been invited yet, but I just checked on it and it's showing that all time slots are still available, as they were on the 4th when I signed up.

Peter