Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Get Amped Tour: Washington D.C., 7/13 - 7/15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a bit worried that I haven't gotten an email yet....I am guessing that most of the east coast waiting list for the Model S is jumping on the DC event. Since I am so "low" on the totem pole I may not get a shot to check out the S. I am going to call my Tesla rep and see if there is anything that I can do.

People traveling for the DC event will be *sorely* disappointed with the Gaithersburg, MD location. I would totally hold out for Chicago, NY, or Miami.

Just sayin'

People traveling for the DC event will be *sorely* disappointed with the Gaithersburg, MD location. I would totally hold out for Chicago, NY, or Miami.

Just sayin'

Yeah, same here. I'd really like to know why you think the DC event will be a big bust?
If there is a credible reason for this notion I might try to bail and go to the NY event as I live outside Philadelphia and can go to either.
But time is of the essence now!

ROCK! ON! :-D I got my invite this evening and signed up for 2 PM Friday. #8061. Lots of times were left when I looked, though I didn't pay much attention since I wanted early afternoon on Friday. Whether or not it's an exciting venue, the car will make up for it, no doubt. ;-)

I wonder if they rented the fairgrounds so we could drive fast. I know there's a fireworks thing in the evening, but the drives go till 5 PM . . . the fairgrounds open for the fireworks at 5 PM . . . coincidence??? Who knows.

Anyway . . . woo-hoo! (happy dance)

Wow. I didn't pick up on the sarcasm until just now. But I suspect there's some truth in that sarcasm!
Yeah, I had a feeling that post was from someone trying to talk the rest of us into bailing so he/she could get an invite.
Glad you got it finally.
I have been to Gaithersburg and I think it should actually be a great venue for this event.
We'll see how the course is set up, but I agree that there are lots of good roads around the Hilton to give us a chance to 'experience the thrill'.
Just bummed that apparently there will be no Black or Blue cars here.
I might have to drive up to the NY event just to see the other colors next week.

Looks like I'll have one free passenger spot for a 2 PM Saturday time slot (wife not able to travel this weekend), so if someone has a free spot for 1 PM or 3 PM on Saturday, I'd be interested in trading ride-alongs. :biggrin:

I'm planning to bring a camera with a wide angle lens (10-22mm) to get HD video from the back seat, so would like to shoot video as a passenger (either as a test video if the ride-along is before my time slot, or as a second chance to capture any interior details missed on my time slot when my son is behind the camera)

Thanks!

Confirmed- Sautrday at 10:00AM!! We are driving up from Williamsburg and will be staying at the Hilton. Is anyone interested in meeting for drinks/dinner and or conversation after the tour at the hotel restaurant ( or some other venue) Saturday ?

Amped!!

Angelia P#5119

If anyone test driving on Saturday has an extra guest spot I would love for the opportunity to ride along. I'm a student who won't be getting a Model S anytime soon but am a big fan of Tesla and the S and would be greatly appreciative. I promise to be quiet and on good behavior in the back. :smile:

Regarding the Model S colors this weekend, I was told at the DC store a couple of days ago they would include Pearl White, Green, Silver, Sunset Red and Brown. They also told me two would be Performance. Sorry for all of you who were hoping to get a glimpse of the Pacific Blue or Dolphin Gray. The DC store people also told me that they will have their own, to keep, Model S later in the summer for a more leisurely test drive. Leisurely? We'll see.

Silver and Pearl White are Performance.

Just got confirmation fron NY store that they will only have the same 5 cars that DC is getting.
Was also told that the DC drive will be the longest drive so far in the nation.
Yea!!
Now, if Tesla would only show a little love to their East Coast customers and get a Blue (Black would be nice also) to this event life would be great!!