Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting a car wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do a Rinseless wash in your garage in the winter months. I've switched almost exclusively to this method and have not induced any new marring. Products like Optimum No Rise and Detailers Pride Rinseless Wash and Gloss are fantastic and leave my paint looking nice and glossy with no water spots. Uses WAY less water than a traditional 2 bucket wash as well.

I have the "old" gray, so I don't have to was as often as other colors.

Definitely do not use a brush car wash...swirl city. I am using a touch-free car wash now. I'll have to remember to not get the one with the extra underbody spray.

Also, the service center put some double-sided tape on my pano roof covers, so they just stay on all the time. May or may not be messy if they ever need to come off, but I'm not planning to get the roof rack.

By me, there is another car was that will do a hand wash for $39 without an appointment. That may be another washing option if there is a place like that near you.

-m

I have not taken any car I've ever owned to a car wash except for a few months 30 years ago when I fractured my left leg and had to be off my feet for awhile.

As California is currently suffering from a severe drought, I use a waterless spray wash if my Model S is really dirty, or if it's just dusty I use a spray detail wax. Haven't used any water for months.

I had never heard of waterless wash until your post. I read a few product pages about it. How does it not scratch the paint when applying or removing it? (or is there another thread/link I should read?)

Thanks. Learn something new everyday!

-m