Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need my windshield replaced and wanted to find out if anyone has advice on getting a quote. I know I can request one in the app, but it wants me to schedule service which at this time I do not want to do. What I need is a PDF of the estimate to provide to the company who is at fault and then they'll cut me a check for it.

Are you near a service center? It may be worth a drive to see if they will print an estimate for you. You can always make a service request and state that you are only looking for a estimate only at this time and see if they will do that. You can always contact safelite for an estimate. I have found in the past that Tesla was cheaper so this could very well work in your favor.

Thanks for your reply. I might give it a go in the app and just try to get them to send me the quote. I actually already have one from SafeLite but the company paying for the repair wants (2) quotes. If I have to swing by I will, just a bit of a drive across town!

Update: I was able to get a PDF quote within the Tesla app without scheduling an appointment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darmie