Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting ready for delivery, what should I buy ahead of time? :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've owned devices since the original iPhone and I've never put a screen protector on anything. Maybe I just had good luck, but I've never had a single scratch on any of my devices. And it's not like you can drop the Tesla screen on the ground or anything.

I think the only possible way the Tesla screen could be scratched is if you had dirt on whatever towel you use to occasionally clean it.

We show the removal here:
(jump to 38 seconds if the link doesn't do that). TL;DR, it's easy :)

Pete, do you represent Abstract ocean? I'm getting ready to order a few things from you guys but have been curious about the Gen 3 screen protector. It shows it's coming end of July on the web site, any ETA on when they'll be listed for sale and shipping?

Also, I'm trying to decide between the brushed black or brushed metal console wrap. Do you know which would show finger prints less? I kind of want to go for the black since I'll have white seats and I think a darker center console will add nice contrast, but if that tends to gain finger prints then the brushed metal would be my second choice.

I'm also thinking about the brushed black door handle (exterior) vinyl covers, mainly to hide finger prints and offer some scratch protection. I don't care too much about changing the appearance. You don't offer clear ones, do you?

Yup, I'm exactly one half of AO, not including the dog :)

We have the matte Gen 3 9H in stock, and you're right, the HD Clear should have arrived yesterday. I'm checking now on a better ETA, I would certainly still assume within a week, but hopefully I'll know more later tonight. The reason is that we've changed the packaging quite a bit, so the boxes are much larger, so air-freight becomes prohibitive. We shipped a pallet via 'slow air' to get some here quickly, and that's what I'm waiting on; the tracking only really kicks in once it all clears customs.

For the CC wraps, there's really no difference for fingerprints on the brushed finishes, both are great for that.

We didn't offer the clear handle protectors, but you're not the first to ask, and we have all the material (paint protection film), so, I've added those to the site. The price for them is a little higher, as the PPF costs quite a bit more that vinyl, but moreso, the weeding (removing the negative space) takes a lot more time.

Yup, I'm exactly one half of AO, not including the dog :)

We have the matte Gen 3 9H in stock, and you're right, the HD Clear should have arrived yesterday. I'm checking now on a better ETA, I would certainly still assume within a week, but hopefully I'll know more later tonight. The reason is that we've changed the packaging quite a bit, so the boxes are much larger, so air-freight becomes prohibitive. We shipped a pallet via 'slow air' to get some here quickly, and that's what I'm waiting on; the tracking only really kicks in once it all clears customs.

For the CC wraps, there's really no difference for fingerprints on the brushed finishes, both are great for that.

We didn't offer the clear handle protectors, but you're not the first to ask, and we have all the material (paint protection film), so, I've added those to the site. The price for them is a little higher, as the PPF costs quite a bit more that vinyl, but moreso, the weeding (removing the negative space) takes a lot more time.

Very cool! I’ll totally grab some of the PPF door handle covers... do you know if they’re as easy as your others to apply, or if they’ll require a setting spray or something first? (Wet application). I honestly don’t mind since something that small should be pretty manageable, just curious.

Is there any differences to the Gen 3 screen protector compared to Gen 2? (The actual screen material/coating) Or is it just that it has that application frame?

My wish list:

Upgrade Cost Link
floormats 90 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4?tag=tmc064-20 / https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DTBGCOY/ref=twister_B01HOJRRCI?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
trunk / frunk mat 40
ceramic coating 1100
ceramic coating on seats? 300 need to find a detailer or Gyeon Leather Shield Opti Guard Leather Coating
PPF 1050
license plate holder "the bandit" 99 OttoStick Tesla Model 3 Magnetic Front License Plate Holder
chrome delete ?
wheel aero kit 60
ceramic tint 30 / 20 500 Texas Tint Masters in Houston Tint Guy
nema 14-50 outlet 23
14-50 adapter from tesla 35
center console wrap 45 Tesla Model 3 Center Console & Steering Wheel Wrap Kit Bundle | Nikola Pro
https://www.amazon.com/Kenriko-Tesla-Model-Matte-Console/dp/B07F2Q2PP8/?tag=tmc064-20
https://www.amazon.com/EVHooks-com-...nsole+wrap+m3&qid=1564229217&s=gateway&sr=8-3
cell holder 20 https://www.amazon.com/VAVA-Magneti...cs-20&linkId=66b0e1408bcf405f97f187edbd512594
screen protector 70 [Version 2] Premium Quality Touch Screen Protector for Tesla Model 3
scent wedge 20 Air Freshener for Tesla Model 3 | All Natural Car Air Fresheners
puddle lights 25
Sunroof sunshade 90 Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade
door release decals 10 Door Release Buttons
Charger cable holder 16 EVFIT brand from amazon
micro usb and adapter
TOTAL 3593 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073GZBT36/?tag=tmc064-20

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-1_22-11-8.png
    upload_2019-8-1_22-11-8.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 56
Very cool! I’ll totally grab some of the PPF door handle covers... do you know if they’re as easy as your others to apply, or if they’ll require a setting spray or something first? (Wet application). I honestly don’t mind since something that small should be pretty manageable, just curious.

Is there any differences to the Gen 3 screen protector compared to Gen 2? (The actual screen material/coating) Or is it just that it has that application frame?
Dry-fit for the PPF handle covers, but let me know how it goes! I did ours last night, they're pretty easy since they're small pieces.

We did make some minor tweaks to the glass, not so much the actual shape, but some other things ...can't really go into too much detail, but with the application frame the fit is 100%, and significantly easier to achieve. Most of the feedback on the Gen 2 was that it was still tricky in fitting the screen just because it's somewhat awkward, so we think the frame takes care of that.

Having tried yesterday for the first time to drive with a regular to-go drink cup from a local restaurant only to see it sitting un-securely in the cup holder with nearly ¼" gap all around, I think it's probably wise to buy a cupholder accessory. What do people recommend? I'd like one with spring holders like those found on OEM holders on many new cars, but I can't find one. I'm not particularly interested in the ubiquitous inserts that fit cups snugly but don't easily release from the cup.

Having tried yesterday for the first time to drive with a regular to-go drink cup from a local restaurant only to see it sitting un-securely in the cup holder with nearly ¼" gap all around, I think it's probably wise to buy a cupholder accessory. What do people recommend? I'd like one with spring holders like those found on OEM holders on many new cars, but I can't find one. I'm not particularly interested in the ubiquitous inserts that fit cups snugly but don't easily release from the cup.
I solved that by buying an insulated drink cup that fits the cup holder to use instead of a disposable. $8 at Target.

20190802_091033.jpg

I solved that by buying an insulated drink cup that fits the cup holder to use instead of a disposable. $8 at Target.

View attachment 436888

It's such a sad day when you can't even get functional cup holders in a $60,000 car; that you have to resort to "home fixes". :confused: Great car generally, but really missed the mark on some "basics". :(

Last edited:
It's such a sad day when you can't even get functional cup holders in a $60,000 car; that you have to resort to "home fixes". :confused: Great car generally, but really missed the mark on some "basics". :(
Good thing I didn't pay $60K then, I guess. :) Honestly I've yet to see a great solution. The spring loaded wing things don't hold small cups still enough, and the inserts get stuck on the cups. Besides, I prefer not to use a disposable cup if I can avoid it, anyway.