Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting ready for delivery, what should I buy ahead of time? :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would buy the Tesla Shop rear rubber cargo mat. The trunk is felt-lined, so the cargo mat provides a tough, easily cleaned surface. It fits perfectly, and, best of all, it is made by Weather Tech and has a Tesla badge. Other members love the Maxspider liner, but I don’t see the advantage. The Maxspider is supposed to be good quality, but costs more and has a huge badge that reviewers have complained about.

I also love the sun visors as they add to the infrared and ultraviolet filtering of the glass roof.

I like the high power wall connector, but my car got here faster than the connector so I had to charge at 120v for 2 weeks.

I just got a 14-50 installed so I’ll probably be ok with the Tesla Mobile Charger.

I did totally forget about jack pads though! What were those aluminum ones that people on here were really happy with??

This.

Lets just say 8 months in I turned on chill mode. 8K miles, first rotation, rears were at 4/32. Fronts were 7/32 so not all was bad, but I can't afford yearly trips to the tire shop.

Some of this is due to me coming from a Prius. The power behind the 3 is a bit addictive, especially if there are jerks around you on the road.

He's talking about excessive tire wear due to lead foot syndrome. :D

This.

Lets just say 8 months in I turned on chill mode. 8K miles, first rotation, rears were at 4/32. Fronts were 7/32 so not all was bad, but I can't afford yearly trips to the tire shop.

Some of this is due to me coming from a Prius. The power behind the 3 is a bit addictive, especially if there are jerks around you on the road.

Ah, “LFS”! I have that condition also!

Reactions: XLR82XS
Congrats on your purchase!

It baffles me as to why owners WOULDN'T get the 3D MAXpider (Kagu) all season mats, especially if you ever plan on driving your car in the rain or snow. They fit so perfectly, go up the sides a bit, and most importantly, cover the dead pedal. Without the dead pedal coverage, you will get water, dirt, snow, etc. beneath your mats which totally defeats the point of having them in the first place. The other day I had mud on my feet and I could hear the sand grinding the mat where the dead pedal would be -- instead of scratching the dead pedal and having dirt/sand/mud there it's now on the mat (easily washed)

At least get the 3d MAXpider ones for the cabin, I got them for the frunk and trunk just to have the full set (you can get any other ones for the trunk and frunk). The logo bothers some people, but you can remove them if you like (just plug the two little holes) or replace them with Tesla logos -- available on etsy (honestly, the logos don't bug me at all)

Main cabin: https://amzn.to/2yqw9Iz
Trunk: https://amzn.to/2GFnwyn
Frunk: https://amzn.to/2LVxsrU

If you want a little sportiness, I also have a spoiler on mine that I love, it's the one linked below (IKON Motorsports). It fits wonderfully, and took all of ten minutes to install myself.

https://amzn.to/31bdIUW

IMG_0529.JPG
IMG_0528.JPG
IMG_0793.JPG
IMG_0797.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: AZHobos
The Xpel PPF is really to protect against rock chips on the front, haze/scratches on the headlights, and stuff like that. The car is garage kept so hopefully the paint will stay in pretty good condition, but protecting that leading edge is just something I want to do.

The ceramic coat is more of a visual enhancement that I’m thinking of going for. (And to ease cleaning some. I might be able to get away with just using a foam cannon for soap/soak, electric pressure washer, and then blow dry and never have to touch the surface so no swirls)

But FWIW rocks aren't stopped by plastic, headlights are easily polished if they haze, pressure washers grind the dirt against the finish.

Congrats on the purchase. There are a bunch of great recommendations already. The PPF is probably the best recommendation but also the most expensive. If you can swing it, it will be worth it. As far as smaller priced accessories I would say all weather floor mats, screen protector and wireless charger is a must. See links below.

3D max Spiders https://amzn.to/2YE36fi
9H Screen protector from Wholesale Tesla Accessories | Taptes or Tesla Accessories and Custom Apparel | TESLARIES®
Wireless charger from Tesla Accessories and Custom Apparel | TESLARIES® or Wholesale Tesla Accessories | Taptes

... As far as smaller priced accessories I would say all weather floor mats, screen protector and wireless charger is a must. ...

Why a screen protector? Sure, I use them on my phone and tablet because I might drop them or drop something on them, or have something gritty in my pocket, but the screen in my car is only going to come in contact with my finger, and my fingernail isn't hard enough to scratch it.

Why a screen protector? Sure, I use them on my phone and tablet because I might drop them or drop something on them, or have something gritty in my pocket, but the screen in my car is only going to come in contact with my finger, and my fingernail isn't hard enough to scratch it.

Some report having toddler's that throw $hit all around their cars (e.g., toys) and they want to avoid a shattered screen. Others prefer a matt finish to reduce glare. There are other reasons as well. :)

Some report having toddler's that throw $hit all around their cars (e.g., toys) and they want to avoid a shattered screen. Others prefer a matt finish to reduce glare. There are other reasons as well. :)

Didn't have any issue with the screens on our two Volts, but considering to get a screen protector for our Model 3. The screen is much bigger and you never know what two little kids could do in the car.

I actually don't have little kids or pets or anything, but I look at it as a very cheap way of keeping something expensive pristine. No chance of micro scratches that might be extremely noticeable in bright light (from just cleaning dust off quickly with your hand or towel, etc), protects any coatings on it from being worn down over time, rare rare chance it gets chipping or cracked by something hitting it or lifting something in/out of the passenger seat (from the drivers side).

Mainly I notice the coatings on my iphone wearing down with time. After about a year they don't clean up as easy and you notice more smudges and oils. If a $30 3rd party screen goes on without you being able to tell it's there and keeps the coating 100% then that's great. I'll swap out the $30 protector every year or two and if for whatever reason it bugs me down the road I have a perfect factory screen under it.

Now if it was $500 or something, ya, I probably would skip it. I've never broken an iphone screen (or protector) in 7+ years, but I still put a $20 to $30 one on since it's a cheap easy way to cover my butt.