Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting ready to order MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However that might mean they might bring out the USS if they are showing up on MIC 3's.
I would bet USS isn’t coming back that soon. Just my pure speculation with no hard info, except Tesla’s history and track record. Just like the people speculating USS is coming back minus the history and track record.

As for the tax credit, great if you qualify.
So like 90% of all Americans

Last edited:
Reactions: Yelobird
You sure about that? It's not a refundable credit, so you have to have the $7,500 in tax liability. I suppose 90% of Americans would get at least a portion of that back, but not the whole thing.
Single with $69,500 income with the standard deduction would have a tax owed/liability of $7,550 and married with $94,000 income with standard deduction would have a tax owed/liability of $7,516. I would expect that most people looking to buy a $47,500+ vehicle would be above those income levels. There are likely a lot more people above the $150,000 single and $300,000 married income limits that are buying EVs that won't be able to take advantage of the the tax credit.

You sure about that? It's not a refundable credit, so you have to have the $7,500 in tax liability. I suppose 90% of Americans would get at least a portion of that back, but not the whole thing.
Yep, qualifying and how much you get back are different things.

If we dive deeper, probably at least 40% qualify and have enough liability for the whole credit, 25% for partial credit, etc.