Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting ready to order MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good day all. Lots of great info here but sometimes search is an art itself. I am hoping to place order for MYP in next couple weeks but have a few questions.

1. Do I order wall connector with car, and will it arrive before car so that I can install it?
2. Color is very subjective, and I have been hoping the new Berin colors would be announced in US. Since they are not, I am wavering between blue, red, and black. I have owned plenty of black/dark cars and my OCD keeps the looking new. I am leaning towards blue or red. Assuming OCD, which has the greater color depth that will make me appreciate it more? Most of what I see on the road is dirty cars and you can't tell.
3. Is USSFC still the best 3rd party loan rate?

TIA!

1. I ordered my car without the mobile connector because the language of when it would ship was unclear. I want my charging situation fully sorted before the car arrives. Right after ordering the car, I placed a separate order for the mobile connector via the app. The charger shipped next day and is scheduled to be delivered to my house tomorrow. Its the same price to order the connector with the car or separately.
2. No input on color.
3. No input on loans.

thanks larns... i realize color is a preference. that is why i was more interested in the color depth of blue vs red.

Is the current blue the only blue they have had?
I thought I read the current red is a second generation and a bit deeper then the 1st one.

Thanks, on the mobile connector. I'll order it separately as soon as I place order for car.

I recommend you be sure you know your plan for home charging. A hardwired solution is safer and can also provide faster charging. You mention getting a mobile connector, but if you can make it work, I recommend the HPWC.

If you're having an outlet installed for the mobile connector, it'll require a GFCI breaker and *should* use a higher quality outlet (not the cheapest one from Home Depot)... Once you add those factors the mobile connector and HPWC end up costing about the same.

Good day all. Lots of great info here but sometimes search is an art itself. I am hoping to place order for MYP in next couple weeks but have a few questions.

1. Do I order wall connector with car, and will it arrive before car so that I can install it?
2. Color is very subjective, and I have been hoping the new Berin colors would be announced in US. Since they are not, I am wavering between blue, red, and black. I have owned plenty of black/dark cars and my OCD keeps the looking new. I am leaning towards blue or red. Assuming OCD, which has the greater color depth that will make me appreciate it more? Most of what I see on the road is dirty cars and you can't tell.
3. Is USSFC still the best 3rd party loan rate?

TIA!
I’d go red over blue. Red is the least common if I remember correctly. Blue in shade looks pretty dark and not very good imo. Red looks better all around.

Reactions: Wattsisname
I recommend you be sure you know your plan for home charging. A hardwired solution is safer and can also provide faster charging. You mention getting a mobile connector, but if you can make it work, I recommend the HPWC.

If you're having an outlet installed for the mobile connector, it'll require a GFCI breaker and *should* use a higher quality outlet (not the cheapest one from Home Depot)... Once you add those factors the mobile connector and HPWC end up costing about the same.
Thanks. I get the terminology confused. I will install the HPWC and hardwire it. Previous owner had one and left the breaker and wiring. Just need to remove the junction box he closed off the ends in and mount the charger in the same spot.

Sounds like I should order the HPWC as soon as I order car.

I might hold off a bit if I were you. Are you waiting to get one of the refreshed ones or the current model? There were some videos of the MIC Model 3's that what looked to be USS (parking sensor) dots in them.

The currently shipping 3's don't have USS and relay totally on TeslaVision which is a bunch of crap when it comes to parking currently. I absolutely would not buy a Tesla without USS unless you never have to park in tight spaces. It makes it so much easier. Not that you can't park without them but why spend 50k on a car when they come on lots of 20k cars.

Reactions: mgberry
I might hold off a bit if I were you. Are you waiting to get one of the refreshed ones or the current model? There were some videos of the MIC Model 3's that what looked to be USS (parking sensor) dots in them.

The currently shipping 3's don't have USS and relay totally on TeslaVision which is a bunch of crap when it comes to parking currently. I absolutely would not buy a Tesla without USS unless you never have to park in tight spaces. It makes it so much easier. Not that you can't park without them but why spend 50k on a car when they come on lots of 20k cars.
Yet he’s buying a MYP not a 3 so not sure why that would matter. I have found no issue with vision granted I never had an issue parking a car either.

Yet he’s buying a MYP not a 3 so not sure why that would matter. I have found no issue with vision granted I never had an issue parking a car either.
The Y's (aka Jupiter) likely won't be far behind. Rumor has it in October. If it matters, to some it doesn't, but the last gen Y's will take a huge bath on depreciation, and likely be missing out on some significant updates. Then again with Tesla they could take away some things as well.

The Y's (aka Jupiter) likely won't be far behind. Rumor has it in October. If it matters, to some it doesn't, but the last gen Y's will take a huge bath on depreciation, and likely be missing out on some significant updates. Then again with Tesla they could take away some things as well.
The new Model Y is rumored to release in the fall of 2024 (not this year). So you’d be waiting 1.5 years and most likely paying a lot more for a new release. The current Y, with the lower price and tax discount, is a steal, in my opinion. Also, Tesla has a long reputation of buggy cars when they first release. Personally, I would not want to be buying the first year of any of their models, given past issues. YMMV.

My mistake, thought it was this year. Thanks. However that might mean they might bring out the USS if they are showing up on MIC 3's. Normally all that sort of stuff is still shared across platforms. So starts on one and ends on the other and vice versa. This vid shows what looks to be the MIC 3 with what looks to be USS buttons on the bumpers.

As for the tax credit, great if you qualify.

My mistake, thought it was this year. Thanks. However that might mean they might bring out the USS if they are showing up on MIC 3's. Normally all that sort of stuff is still shared across platforms. So starts on one and ends on the other and vice versa. This vid shows what looks to be the MIC 3 with what looks to be USS buttons on the bumpers.

As for the tax credit, great if you qualify.
I will wager the new 3 does Not come back with USS. Any concept prototype seen was likely started years ago before they went vision. May be wrong but they rarely return to things they omit.

Reactions: WyoDude
Yeah I have seen the rumored Oct 2024 date as well. Unfortunately, I can’t wait that long. At least I’ll get 1.5 years of smile before a the new kid on the block arrives
So pleased with the multicoat red which seems to look better with every wash.
Like you, I am a bit OCD when it comes to caring for my cars and, like black, the red rewards your efforts. Also, white interior!
I thought it a bit of a gamble but after 10 months we are as delighted as you can be without having leather. I won't use the word " real" because it's binary; it is or it is not!
So, I am looking forward to seeing your red with white config.😀

Reactions: Yelobird
Yeah I have seen the rumored Oct 2024 date as well. Unfortunately, I can’t wait that long. At least I’ll get 1.5 years of smile before a the new kid on the block arrives
I heavily considered waiting for refresh vs buying now. Decided to buy now. The primary reasons were: First, the price, availability and tax credit situation both state and federal can change at any time and right now its favorable. The second is that tesla doesn't have a good reputation for high quality vehicles at initial release. In manufacturing practices and hardware, they release like software they release when its 90% done and let their early customers do to the quality testing for them. This is good for rapid innovation, but not for the customer of a long term durable good. I'd rather buy the tesla they have 3 years of feedback of quality issues back to manufacturing changes. The old saying in software, when its 90% done, there is only 90% left.

Reactions: CleanDemon
I rented a MYP red with white interior. It was very nice. I won’t do white interior but I don’t think I will go wrong with red or blue.
🤔Rent with black interior, you may reconsider white.😀. If a more honey light brown was available, that would be my preference. I would even go black if they were cowhide. The white has been trouble free, if maintenance is the issue. However, if it is a matter of aesthetics, then go with your taste. Whatever, enjoy!

Reactions: Dayreg