Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting seatbelt warning with child seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have this issue as well. It would be nice if you could disable the warning. Popped up repeatedly on a recent 4 hour road trip. 2 1/2 year old 35 pounder in a latch-system car seat.

Will try the seat belt behind the car seat. If that fails, spring for a spare buckle on eBay or amazon.

I keep getting a seatbelt warning when I install our car seat using the LATCH system. It's not really even the weight, since just installing the base of our Chicco Keyfit, without the car seat itself, gives me a warning. I have the seat secure, no movement laterally of more than an inch, so obviously it's putting down a lot of force onto the seat, but I don't have this same issue on my X with a lot heavier car seat and a toddler in it vs a newborn.
Me too! While using A booster seat, latch system AND seat belt I’m being told that the seatbelt is unfastened

I’m not sure which car seat you have, but for the Chicco nextfit (convertible car seat), the manual says to use LATCH or Seat belt, but not both. Not sure why because it would seem more secure, but it’s worth reading your manual again just to be safe.
Just use the latch on the Chico. I have just a simple booster seat for the 7 year old. Latches to attach it and the seatbelt to secure the child.