Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Vin#75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked delivery center if they had any Y inventory and they called back and said they located a few performance Y's. I wanted white on white performance and everyone knows there are none of those. They had MS with black and I agreed to take this car. 2 days later I get vin number and it’s 75. Omg. Is this bad? How were the early builds and where has this car been? Only 15 miles on car. Anyone here hav elbow build number? You think Elon signed inside of glovebox? Should I be worried? I’m quite honestly very excited as I had resigned to waiting a least another 2 months. My order date was June.

Reactions: Watts_Up
I got a performance vin 819. No real significant issues build wise. Overall gaps and alignments are great.
Look around the previous posts and see the 3 or 4 issues found.
-rear seats not level, did not have this
- rear lift hat not completely aligned when closed
-paint or glass chips from delivery trucks, etc.

-rear plastic wells have a separation of 2mm on one side but all the ones I’ve seen are similar. But some actually look tight/flush. Maybe a batch issue. But don’t really feel it’s an issue. So meh.

Overall all mine had was smudge stains in passenger headliner, the spoiler tape was stretches and separating on a side, SC will replace part on back order. Finally one side of the rear lift gate is a about 3mm higher on driver side but it locks moves closes ok and no leaks.
Damn the Y is so fun and so much comfortable and better than my 3 and FaST IMO
Ps. From the Munro tear down we know a change they’ll make is encase the heat pump in a plastic case to reduce noise more as the 3 had, but do note the noise is not heard inside so technically is not a problem. At least for me. Go see it, get in it. Worse case, if unacceptable, decline delivery. ‍ps. Check frunk and ensure tow hook is there and test the charger.

5632C044-9E90-4C0B-8376-51A61622A519.jpeg

Reactions: gene
My blue LR FSD MY has a VIN in the low 500s and had very few issues aside from a few minor paint chips, misaligned black trim under rear left window and rear left door handle being slight too recessed, all of which were quickly fixed at the SC. I’ve read about far worse issues on VINs in the 2000s in these forums.

Possible as I can see they drove it to someone’s house and it was rejected then back to the service center. Hopefully the issues they could fix from that rejection were taken care of. I’d take it if I could
It was never rejected I just found out. Drove to different delivery center and then customer wasn’t ready for delivery.