Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do specific color combinations get built and shipped?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been keeping an eye on inventory model y's since the announcement of FSD transfer this quarter. I've been wanting a blue/white example and it has been a desert until this week. Now there are four or six configurations of blue/white at multiple SoCal locations with small to medium discount. I expect discounts to build through the month of september but am not sure if the color combo I want will come back.
My understanding is Tesla builds colors in batches so that is why I saw none of what I wanted now see a bunch-the blue/white combo must have had their build window recently. I'm going to grab one now to hold it based on the bird in hand strategy but slow walk the pick up.

Does the community know or have a theory on how long it takes between color combo build cycles or is the algorithm always making changes based on the market so we can't predict? If we are pretty certain more trucks full of blue and white will arrive in september I may roll the dice.