Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ghosting windscreen model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any news regarding ghosting issues model 3. Any solutions?
Hi Jorik, unfortunately Tesla SC Duiven emailed me Yesterday that they can't do anything about this. I think this is strange because they already replaced it twice. Now they say that the windscreen is within the spec range. I also checked if a car glas repair center like Carglas or Autotaalglas does have a windscreen for a M3 from their own brand, but they use the same windscreen like Tesla does.
If I get some new info I will let you know. Please let me know if you get more info from your side.

Hi Jorik, unfortunately Tesla SC Duiven emailed me Yesterday that they can't do anything about this. I think this is strange because they already replaced it twice. Now they say that the windscreen is within the spec range. I also checked if a car glas repair center like Carglas or Autotaalglas does have a windscreen for a M3 from their own brand, but they use the same windscreen like Tesla does.
If I get some new info I will let you know. Please let me know if you get more info from your side.

Within their specs? But what are the specs. Can they quantify ghosting on the windshield? Or is it an easy awnser. I can’t image that Germans would accept these windshields. They are very picky. Maybe when the import center of Carglass has several windshields for M3, they can select one with the least ghosting?

I brought mine in finally. They tested it with some device and said it meets their standards. I guess double vision headlights and tailights is what you get when you drop 78k on a car with Tesla.

Window replacement shop can replace it with another one for $1200, but no guarantees it will be a good one.

• Informative
Reactions: Perscitus
Yeah, its the cheap glass they use. What I've learned in my short time owning this car is that its not anywhere near the quality of any reputable european brand.
Agreed. Of all my cars the Tesla glass is the worst. 20K miles and windshield is riddled with chips. My German cars have far superior glass. I I had a 2006 MB E500 estate with 191K miles -- windshield wasn't in need of replacement until ~170K miles.