Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ghosting windscreen model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody with a model 3 have ghosting issues? Tesla replaced my windscreen for the second time and I still have the ghosting effect. Every light I see thru the windscreen reflects 2 or 3 times. It is very annoying.

See pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_4425.JPG
    IMG_4425.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_4427.jpg
    IMG_4427.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_5203.jpg
    IMG_5203.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 214
I have the same problem. Especially at night with led lights. But once you notice it, you can also see it in daytime. Lights, traffic lights, matrix signs are doubled. Even hoods of cars sometimes. Hope they make new batch of windows which does not have the problem. Tesla replacing the screens is a good thing though, although no solution apparantly.

I have the same problem. Especially at night with led lights. But once you notice it, you can also see it in daytime. Lights, traffic lights, matrix signs are doubled. Even hoods of cars sometimes. Hope they make new batch of windows which does not have the problem. Tesla replacing the screens is a good thing though, although no solution apparantly.

Hi Jorik, Can you please tell me the last 4 or 6 numbers from your VIN number? Tesla Duiven want's that I collect info from other model 3's. I have a friend with a M3 Perfromance who has the same problem and an other friend with M3 standard range which doesn't have this issue.

Hi Jorik, Can you please tell me the last 4 or 6 numbers from your VIN number? Tesla Duiven want's that I collect info from other model 3's. I have a friend with a M3 Perfromance who has the same problem and an other friend with M3 standard range which doesn't have this issue.

Yes, i will. The glass is this. Vin follows.

Attachments

• 51DE41C5-8F0A-4B42-834D-0B53BF2C8BF4.jpeg
    51DE41C5-8F0A-4B42-834D-0B53BF2C8BF4.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 221
I have the same problem after having my windshield replaced, is ghosting the technical term? I have lifetime warranty on the replacement (for defects), so I could have it redone I guess.
Yes the technical term is "Ghosting" the mechanic from Tesla told me this. And when you Google it you will find more of those issues especially at older Tesla Models S and X.

I had problems with my wipers skipping off the glass and it turns out there was something contaminating the outside glass. I don’t know if it was clear coat overspray, fallout or something , but I polished it with orange pad on DA polisher and it solved the problem. This could be similar condition where something is on the glass causing these symptoms.

No, with all the others cars I had I didn't had this issue. (even my 1925 Ford Model T doesn't have it ;-) It is just a cheap piece of glass.

I wonder if it's related to the angle of the windshield? Although @Jorik said his Volvo didn't have this problem which appears to have a similar windshield angle.

Just based on reading much about photography lenses I can see how this can occur on a steeper angle like the Model 3's windshield (and basically every other car I've routinely driven).

Anyhow, I hope the best for everyone with this problem that I didn't know was a problem!

My windshield was replaced though, I don't remember my original window having this issue? Do you still want the vin? Should I call my insurance company to have it replaced again? I'm afraid the new window will have the same issue.
Yes please send me the VIN. I advise you to wait with ordering a new window because my experience is they all have the same problem.