Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Giga Shanghai VS Berlin MYLR upgrades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there!

Finally we're taking delivery of our MYLR from Shanghai october 15th, can't wait.

I am quite worried about the interior build and suspension compared to the Berlin builds. As far as I understand the Berlin cars has a much better suspension on the LR and more carpet on the interior instead of platsic parts in the trunk and on the sides of the backseat.

Also the front seats are a bit more comfortable and updated with an extra seam on the sides where you sit.

So my question is do we have anyone here that has taken delivery of a Shanghai built MYLR that could report if their cars has these upgrades? I can't imagine that Tesla is making the Shanghai built cars worse quality that the Berlin ones (they cost the same and nowhere is there info regarding a difference in build and suspension.)

Some images would be great!

We own 2 Chinese built MY LRs, the first delivered in March and the second in September. Regarding suspension, the later car has a slightly improved ride (i.e. more supple and settled over bumps). I have no idea if it has the "Berlin" suspension (whatever that may consist of), but it definitely rides slightly better. It's not a night and day difference, but both my wife and I noticed it on the first drive.

I have no idea about the extra carpet on the sides of the backseat or updated seats. The only obvious interior difference with our second car was the addition of the rear parcel shelf (which I don't see much point in). Honestly we haven't had any issues with rattles or seat comfort. This kind of stuff just gets amplified out of all proportion on the forums. Don't worry about it!

We own 2 Chinese built MY LRs, the first delivered in March and the second in September. Regarding suspension, the later car has a slightly improved ride (i.e. more supple and settled over bumps). I have no idea if it has the "Berlin" suspension (whatever that may consist of), but it definitely rides slightly better. It's not a night and day difference, but both my wife and I noticed it on the first drive.

I have no idea about the extra carpet on the sides of the backseat or updated seats. The only obvious interior difference with our second car was the addition of the rear parcel shelf (which I don't see much point in). Honestly we haven't had any issues with rattles or seat comfort. This kind of stuff just gets amplified out of all proportion on the forums. Don't worry about it!
Thanks for your reply :).
Good to hear that you feel some type of suspension at least.