TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Gigafactory3

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by doctoxics, Feb 22, 2017.

1. doctoxics

doctoxics Member

A while back I started a thread titled Gigafactory2, thinking the next Gigafactory would be in Europe. We learned today that Gigafactory2 is now to be the solar product factory in Buffalo, New York. So now Gigafactory3 might be for Europe and will need its own thread which begins here.

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Actually in the shareholder's letter today it was stated that later this year Tesla "expect to finalize locations for Gigafactories 3, 4 and possibly 5". It sounds like Tesla will announce the sites for the next three Gigafactories this year. Incredible!

• Like x 1
  3. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

A way to entice the non-cooperative states to allow direct sales?

4. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Nope, I don't think so. The whole 'can't sell in our state without a dealership' I think is going to resolve itself when Model 3 hits. There's going to be so much pressure for this car (in those states too) that people will bend over backwards to get one until they won't anymore, and then they'll make such a stink that it'll be front page news and the rules will change.

• Like x 1