Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass defect? Paint defects and windshield trim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was almost 1 month after taking delivery, and after one service visit for a few concerns.. it looks as if I'm scheduling another appointment to have some exterior concerns addressed. I remember noticing what looked like a hard grease mark at deliver near the passenger wiper area.. but was told it was grease and would likely wash off. New car euphoria overcame my desire to complain at the delivery center. After my first hand wash and ceramic coating I noticed it's an etch into the glass itself and likely will either need replacement or repair. Also lower of the windshield the trim is popping up in the center(flexing or bowing), and some defects in paint have allowed it to chip off. See attached pics. I have already messaged the service center via the app.. and am hopeful for a good service visit.. but as you can imagine, new car defects have me really bummed at the moment. Hope this is the last of the fit and finish issues..
PXL_20201018_181811965.MP.jpg
PXL_20201018_173242222.MP.jpg
PXL_20201018_173248757.MP.jpg
PXL_20201018_174726470.MP.jpg