Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glass roof weather seal. Worth realigning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

I got a new P3D in March and noticed that the roof glass doesn't have a weather seal aligned/flushed on the rear passenger side.

Tesla service said that it's within the spec (no leakage inside the vehicle, no functional problems). They did say that they can remove the glass roof, realign the weather seal and put the roof back.

Is this something worth doing? On one hand I think "Why not?". On the other hand, I heard horror stories when people say that things get worse after service and it's better to not meddle with the car, unless there's something serious.

Attachments

• IMG_4156.jpeg
    IMG_4156.jpeg
    365.9 KB · Views: 146
Hi folks,

I got a new P3D in March and noticed that the roof glass doesn't have a weather seal aligned/flushed on the rear passenger side.

Tesla service said that it's within the spec (no leakage inside the vehicle, no functional problems). They did say that they can remove the glass roof, realign the weather seal and put the roof back.

Is this something worth doing? On one hand I think "Why not?". On the other hand, I heard horror stories when people say that things get worse after service and it's better to not meddle with the car, unless there's something serious.
Your glass looks pretty straight and lined up. Although with a gap like that it's better to let them try while they are willing to do it. Especially if it will bother you knowing it's like that.

Reactions: llamas
Hi folks,

Mine is slightly crooked, and I have a small gap in one corner. Totally leaving it the way it is. The less you let anyone touch the car, the better IMHO.

It’s somthing the average person would never notice.

They’ll have to cut the old seal which always comes with a risk of damaging something, and they may not got it 100% right either.

Tim