Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Hatch Rubbing When Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All - curious to get some other folks’ thoughts. My new Model Y’s hatch is ever so slightly mis-aligned, leading to a bit of rubbing on the top passenger side of the hatch when it comes into contact with the black window trim on the vehicle’s body when the hatch is opened (see photo). No rubbing occurs when the hatch is closed. The rubbing is slight enough that I don’t hear any noise, but when I touch it up with paint it slowly scrapes back off. It doesn’t seem to be getting any worse over the first couple months of ownership (no additional paint coming off).

Anyone else had this specific issue? Is it worth having Tesla attempt to re-align the whole hatch? My concern is that I have none of the other common hatch issues that are frequently reported (booming sound/weird air pressure issues, misalignment of panel gaps, etc.). Debating whether to fix or leave well enough alone, given the numerous horror stories coming out of Tesla service centers. I’m located in CA, so not terribly concerned about future rust.

Any and all thoughts appreciated - thanks!

Attachments

• 98DEF220-F456-454D-AB91-9A66436E6084.jpeg
    98DEF220-F456-454D-AB91-9A66436E6084.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 145