Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Glove box doesn't open after software update 2022.44.25

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy holidays

I have a 2022 Model S and just updated to 2022.44.25
I am unable to open the glove box after the update. When I give the command I get an error message stating this command is not available yet. I would sure appreciate any guidance

Thank you

Jeff

I'm on version 2022.44.25.3 and have had the same problem for at least a week on my 22MS. This could be a serious issue if I were to be pulled over by the police and asked to show my registration. Anyway, I was able to open it a couple of times this afternoon but later I could not; the response was "connection error". I just downloaded some gaming download and the command works intermittently. Again, it may be a connection problem.
These cars are fast, high tech, and squirrelly as Hell.

Upvote 0
I'm on version 2022.44.25.3 and have had the same problem for at least a week on my 22MS. This could be a serious issue if I were to be pulled over by the police and asked to show my registration. Anyway, I was able to open it a couple of times this afternoon but later I could not; the response was "connection error". I just downloaded some gaming download and the command works intermittently. Again, it may be a connection problem.
Was the "connection error" from a voice command or from trying to open the glove box from the touch screen? Cell phone coverage is not great where I live and I can easily drive to areas where there is no coverage (for the car). So I frequently get a "connection error" when I try to use voice commands.

Upvote 0
I can confirm it works via voice command with 2022.44.25.5, but you do need the cellular connection. I guess we've been lucky. I think we've seen 2 or 3 connection errors years ago in an older Tesla.

Also, the Controls -> Glovebox command will work if cellular is out.

Upvote 0
Was the "connection error" from a voice command or from trying to open the glove box from the touch screen? Cell phone coverage is not great where I live and I can easily drive to areas where there is no coverage (for the car). So I frequently get a "connection error" when I try to use voice commands.
From a voice command. And my cell coverage here is poor. I am under the impression you cannot open the glove box from the touchscreen on a 22MS.

Upvote 0
From a voice command. And my cell coverage here is poor. I am under the impression you cannot open the glove box from the touchscreen on a 22MS.
That was supposed to be fixed in 2022.44.25.2. "Connection error" indicates a lack of cell coverage which is needed to process voice commands. I suggest you see if you can open the glovebox with the touchscreen.

Reactions: pvdoug
Upvote 0
Glovebox is a button right on the very first screen when you open up the menu…

Reactions: pvdoug
Upvote 0