Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going on vacation for 2 1/2 months, please advise.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 performance lives in central Ohio in my garage. Garage never drops below 40 degrees F even when it’s 0 outside. I’ll be away 2 1/2 months returning in mid April. I am planning on setting battery charge level at 50% and leaving home charger that came with the car connected. Would you pump up tires to a max level? I could jack up car so it still sits on the suspension but the tires would be off the ground. Suggestions on car interior settings? What would you do?

You'll be fine. You've already got it down! A plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla so just set it at 50% and leave it plugged in. Inflate the tires to the max rated PSI to avoid getting flat spots - wouldn't bother jacking up the car for just 2.5 months. Leave the climate control off since your garage is somewhat protected from the extreme temps. Let the car do the rest! It will sleep just fine on its own.

Another thought: you could see if you could get your car insurance to suspend the liability coverage for the time you're gone, but leave the comprehensive coverage just in case! Might save you a few bucks, but not sure how feasible it actually is... just an idea.

Reactions: IdaX