TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Good body shop in Ottawa

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Sgutz, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Sgutz

Sgutz Member

Had a bad day yesterday when someone bumpered me in a parking lot. Small dent in the lift gate and some bumper damage.

Can someone recommend a body shop in Ottawa? I don't want to drive all the way to Montreal and Tesla doesn't want to pick up my car and drop it back off

2. Steph_S

Steph_S CAN #312 VIN P06173

I would go to highland auto body. Ask for David.

Also, chamberland auto, in rockland, fixed a dent once in a front bumper caused by a raccoon (not a tesla). They did a flawless job.

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Does highland work on aluminum bodies? You want someone with appropriate expertise. Tesla Montreal didn't have a recommendation?

Is Tesla really not wanting to pick it up, or do they just want to charge you $600?

4. Steph_S

Steph_S CAN #312 VIN P06173

Without seeing the damage - the bumpers are made out of plastic and should be as easy to fix as any regular car. As for the dammage in the aluminium liftgate- it's hard to know if it's just a paint job or anything more.

Doug makes a good point - best to ask about experience with aluminium. I can only vouch for bumper/plastic work.

5. Sgutz

Sgutz Member

#5 Sgutz, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    All good points. Doug, no Montreal didn't have a recommended shop in Ottawa, though you never know if it's because they get kickbacks from the body shop or not. I attached a picture here. The dent is actually pretty small and I think they can hammer it out without significant body work.

Attached Files:

6. iKhalid

iKhalid Member

Sorry to read about your accident. Glad it's minor and no one is hurt. As Steph said, anyone can do bumpers. As for any Aluminum damage, check Bytek VW bodyshop on St. Laurent Blvd. They do all the work for their Jag dealership, and I know many of them are made of Aluminum. They do great work for reasonable prices. I fixed the rear bumper of my previous VW, and a friend of mine fixed a side damage that he paid for it and their quote and work both were superb.

7. gmetrail

gmetrail Member

I also have a bump on my rear bumper, and while the car was at the Montreal service, they looked at repairing it. Feedback is that my bumper could not be repaired in a way that remains visible, and the cost of a new bumper was quoted to me at $1100. I am considering this for my next service, and hopefully I can apply the $1000 credit I have ;-)

Gérard

8. decibel

decibel Member

Revisiting this issue, i have a small dent in the aluminum door panel from someone opening their door into my car.

Any recommendations for an Ottawa b body shop that could fix the dent?