Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good news service story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Usually service stories that are shared seem to be negative.
Just wanted to share mine.

2 weeks ago I noticed a clunk sound on deceleration, going into regen. Also the engine just seemed louder than normal.
After discovering it wasn’t something in my trunk moving around ( gotta clean that big lower area out:) I got on the app and booked a service apoitment. To my surprise there was one available in 5 days, I was expecting weeks after the horror stories I’ve heard.
Brought it in at 8:30 and got a text at 2:00 that it was done. I though it must have been a simple fix. To my surprise they replaced entire motor and assembly, naturally the most recent version too all under warranty, my MS has the 8 year warranty. All that in less then 6 hours. Maybe I’m an exception. Just wanted to let people know it’s not all bad. Strong work Vancouver service center.

Attachments

• EF37A2B1-1323-4028-B552-1428E9EFD928.jpeg
    EF37A2B1-1323-4028-B552-1428E9EFD928.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 72
Usually service stories that are shared seem to be negative.
Just wanted to share mine.

2 weeks ago I noticed a clunk sound on deceleration, going into regen. Also the engine just seemed louder than normal.
After discovering it wasn’t something in my trunk moving around ( gotta clean that big lower area out:) I got on the app and booked a service apoitment. To my surprise there was one available in 5 days, I was expecting weeks after the horror stories I’ve heard.
Brought it in at 8:30 and got a text at 2:00 that it was done. I though it must have been a simple fix. To my surprise they replaced entire motor and assembly, naturally the most recent version too all under warranty, my MS has the 8 year warranty. All that in less then 6 hours. Maybe I’m an exception. Just wanted to let people know it’s not all bad. Strong work Vancouver service center.

What's say you mention which service center? Always nice to give kudos to the good guys.

And happy to say I've had similar luck with my (Salt Lake City) service center. I think the reason we see so much complaining is that those that have problems are more likely to complain while most of the good experiences are never reported.