Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good service visit on tire rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to shout out to the good work Marietta service center did on my Tesla today. I visited to do the tire rotation. The mechanic found my rear tire threads are worn to 3/32 while front is 5/32. I am close to 20K miles but this seems still quite premature on 19 inch OEM wheels (and I am not considering myself a spirited driver). They offered a free alignment check and said if it is out of alignment they would correct it at a cost of $180. The alignment was indeed off but to my surprise, they waived the charge after all. They still rotated the tires for free too.

While I was waiting, I called the tire shop I usually go to and got a set of Michelin Primacy MXM4 ordered. I will go to the shop this weekend to install these to replace my Goodyear OEM tires. I am hoping these will have better road noise. I originally want to go with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 as it is the top rated tire on Tirerack. However, some people commented about worse road noise after some time and tramline issues. Not sure if I would be able to get better millage than OEM Goodyear.

Quote:
While I was waiting, I called the tire shop I usually go to and got a set of Michelin Primacy MXM4 ordered. I will go to the shop this weekend to install these to replace my Goodyear OEM tires. I am hoping these will have better road noise. I originally want to go with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 as it is the top rated tire on Tirerack. However, some people commented about worse road noise after some time and tramline issues. Not sure if I would be able to get better millage than OEM Goodyear.[/QUOTE]

What I want to know is how much savings were the tires, and who do you expect the tires to be rotated by in the future?

How was your car lifted by the tire store and did they damage the battery or car doing it?

Tesla aligned the car gratis saving you $180-$200. Could that number be the differential between the tires at the other place?

I'm not defending Tesla's pricing policy, but I am wondering is why, when they are giving good service and throwing things in, are we all going to other places to save a few bucks, when we drive these ultra expensive electric cars we afforded in the first place.