Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Eagle F1 tire damage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MY with ~11k miles and the front tires (only the front) and seem to have damage in the form of rubber chunks coming off. City/highway driving, fairly good roads, have never driven the car off-road, we don't have winter weather - is this a known issue or seem weird? The tread depth is ok, the issue is just the way they seem to be falling apart. I didn't have this on my M3 summer or winter tiles (when I did live in a place with extreme winter weather)

1711075827716.png

1711076074971.png
1711076105390.png

Google for "TIRE CHUNKING".
Most sources are blaming road surface condition, gravel roads, heat, rubber compound, aggressive driving style.
One source from Florida blames "shell aggregate in Florida asphalt". Maybe they use the same asphalt in Hawaii as well?

Last edited:
ooh interesting, thanks! I guess our roads are hot, but as far as I know there's no suspension issues, at least it doesn't feel like it - and I have never raced the thing 😅. I heard from someone else that it might be common over here with these tires though. I checked a friend's M3 with different tires and the same number of miles and he has none of this, I'll ask an MY owners here next time I see one 🤔

Reactions: ngng