Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Goodyear Tires - No need for foam filled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just purchased Goodyear 245/45/19 touring tires without the foam. I got them installed by Goodyear's newest 'we come to you' service. Unlike Tesla, Goodyear offers a Road hazard warranty.

They arrived onetime for the appointment, did the whole job in less than 1/2 hour. I did not have to wait around sucking in the tire store rubberized air and taste their bad coffee. balanced the wheels in their truck. Very impressive service.

No foam versus foam : I really do not hearing differences. Goodyear Touring tire is already made well. looking at what the foam filled tires are about, they are not Foam filled. It is more like a 1" layer of foam stuck to the inside of tire. 1" of the same foam they put into a camera case. Open cell - not much damping to it. The No Foam tires are hard to distinguish in road noise. Besides, next update Tesla is putting in the Noise Suppression app on the car .

The tires came in at $155 each + $30 road hazard insurance guarantee . + $18 labor= $203 + tax Exactly the same price as if I went to the store.

The same tire with the Foam from Tesla was $232.50 + $55 labor and no road hazard guarantee . = $287.50 + Tax

If you take off the road hazard there is a $100 savings per tire. Not worth spending the money, since these tiresomely last 18,000 miles.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Did your previous Goodyears only go for 18,000 miles? The stock Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics on mine are getting low with only about 17k miles. Wondering if that's a common experience. If so I'm gonna consider another tire.

Just purchased Goodyear 245/45/19 touring tires without the foam. I got them installed by Goodyear's newest 'we come to you' service. Unlike Tesla, Goodyear offers a Road hazard warranty.

They arrived onetime for the appointment, did the whole job in less than 1/2 hour. I did not have to wait around sucking in the tire store rubberized air and taste their bad coffee. balanced the wheels in their truck. Very impressive service.

No foam versus foam : I really do not hearing differences. Goodyear Touring tire is already made well. looking at what the foam filled tires are about, they are not Foam filled. It is more like a 1" layer of foam stuck to the inside of tire. 1" of the same foam they put into a camera case. Open cell - not much damping to it. The No Foam tires are hard to distinguish in road noise. Besides, next update Tesla is putting in the Noise Suppression app on the car .

The tires came in at $155 each + $30 road hazard insurance guarantee . + $18 labor= $203 + tax Exactly the same price as if I went to the store.

The same tire with the Foam from Tesla was $232.50 + $55 labor and no road hazard guarantee . = $287.50 + Tax

If you take off the road hazard there is a $100 savings per tire. Not worth spending the money, since these tiresomely last 18,000 miles.
Thanks for sharing! It's time to change my tires too on my Model L Long Range. What specific model is it?