TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Google ad on NYTimes website - "Tesla Problems? Speak to a Lemon Law Attorney."

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by CapitalistOppressor, Jan 21, 2013.

1. CapitalistOppressor

CapitalistOppressor Active Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Just saw this ad on the Ad's by Google box on the NYTimes website. If you click on it (I wouldn't unless you are interested in their service), it links you to -

Tesla Recall Information - Recalls and Problems

I removed the google adclick tags so we don't make the advertiser think there are a lot of people interested by the ad. But clicking on it will still get them page views on a page that lists the 3 Roadster recalls, and a form for a free consultation.

Obviously, I've got cookies that indicate my interest in Tesla, which is why Google targeted me with the ad. This advertiser might run these ads for every auto company, or they might have invested in Tesla specific advertising. Regardless, the link it sends you to is just a generic complaint form instead of a focused pitch.

Anyone think there might be an active case brewing, or is this just trolling?
  2. Adm

Adm Active Member

Jun 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Ambulance chasers fishing for business... If you throw out enough lines, you're bound to catch something.
  3. eelton

eelton Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    I assume they have the same ad for every car make (or at least every make that has had recalls--which I'm sure is all of them). The Tesla version was just targeted to you because you've searched for Tesla in Google.