Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google calendar settings access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've turned on calendar access for the Tesla App on my android phone and on the phone it shows that there is access, but the calendar app on my Model Y's info-entertainment system still says I need to turn the calendar access on for the Tesla app.

i finally figured out how to turn Calendar SYNC on in the Tesla app. On my android phone with the Tesla app displayed just tap on the top-right icon for my account then select Settings. Then under that turn Calendar Sync to ON. That fixed the problem of getting the Calendar app on my Model Y to pick up the calendar info from the phone. I had already paired the phone to the MY and the Phone Key was already working. As I noted in my earlier post above, I had already gone to the phone's app settings and enabled the calendar sharing with the Tesla app.

i finally figured out how to turn Calendar SYNC on in the Tesla app. On my android phone with the Tesla app displayed just tap on the top-right icon for my account then select Settings. Then under that turn Calendar Sync to ON. That fixed the problem of getting the Calendar app on my Model Y to pick up the calendar info from the phone. I had already paired the phone to the MY and the Phone Key was already working. As I noted in my earlier post above, I had already gone to the phone's app settings and enabled the calendar sharing with the Tesla app.
Yea, I have the calendar syncing… but I have multiple calendars all on my default calendar app and I want to be able to filter certain shared calendars that I don’t need to see in my car if that make sense.

I figured this out ... Samsung user here. In your phone, there is a "main" calendar app that is doing the sync. In my case, I have Outlook installed for work and I pretty much use it for everything. However, Google has a calendar and Samsung has a Calendar app on the phone too. I don't believe these can be deleted or uninstalled.

I went into my phone's "calendar" app, which was the default Samsung installed calendar. I could see that multiple calendars were selected in the current view and this matched up to what I was seeing in the Tesla. It took a bit of fiddling but I was able to get that calendar show only the info I wanted to see in the Tesla. Now my calendar in the Tesla is sync'd properly and has the correct view.

Thanks for your posting, I was about to ask the same question when it directed me to your response. I didn't know that you had to go your Tesla phone app and make the change there in settings. My calendar now shows in the car. Any idea why my favorites and messages don't show? Perhaps my moto G power phone isn't compatible? It doesn't recognize my favorites and my text messages?

Thanks for your posting, I was about to ask the same question when it directed me to your response. I didn't know that you had to go your Tesla phone app and make the change there in settings. My calendar now shows in the car. Any idea why my favorites and messages don't show? Perhaps my moto G power phone isn't compatible? It doesn't recognize my favorites and my text messages?
Neither did I, this thread has been very helpful. I've made the change in the Tesla app, will see if it works when I drive home this evening.

Now if I could figure out why texting sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, I'll be a happy camper!

Thanks so much. I just switched to a new iPhone and was going crazy trying to find how to sync my modelY with the calendar on the screen in the Tesla. Easy fix

Reactions: JKad and laservet
Is this thread limited to android phones or will it work with Apple iPhones? I use the Google Calendar on my iPhone, but haven’t found a way to get it to show up on my Tesla MY 2022. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any idea why my favorites and messages don't show? Perhaps my moto G power phone isn't compatible? It doesn't recognize my favorites and my text messages?

If you are referring to text messages, I also have a Moto G (Stylus) and use the Textra message app. The messages mostly get through.

I say mostly, because there are times when an incoming message will be a random one from a random person, from years ago, instead of actually putting up the actual incoming message. This is a problem other android users have posted about (and not solely MotoG.)

Even opening messages in app on the screen doesn't show the actual incoming message, so I'm left knowing someone is trying to message me, but not knowing who or what the message is. On the messaging screen, it is the random old messages that appear, not the new one.

This happens most often in the middle of an exchange or when I'm receiving multiple texts from one person and a second person sends a text as well. It is the second person's text that is replaced by the random old texts.

When you say favourites, I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you mean favourite contacts, I've long ago given up on that. Voice command simply doesn't recognize some of my contacts. I ended up renaming them in my contacts so I can voice-command trigger a message. It happens that my husband and son have the same name, and both are my ICE contacts. So, even though both have separate nick names in my contacts, their incoming messages both say they are from ICE.

Perfect