TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Google Pairs With Ford To Build Self-Driving Cars

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by Spidy, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Spidy

Spidy Active Member

2. Mike Strauss

Mike Strauss Member

Looks like its a race to who can do this first

3. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

I'd like to see Tesla team up with Ford to make an EV-F150:wink:

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Elon has often stated that he is very interested in building an EV truck. He of course knows that Ford makes zillions selling the F150. I think Tesla will beat Ford into the EV truck market because Ford won't be able to source enough batteries. All Tesla needs is Gigafactory #2.

5. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

Ford has confirmed a hybrid F150 by 2020, so they are headed in the right direction.

I'd buy a Tesla pickup in a heartbeat.

6. RobStark

RobStark Well-Known Member