Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla App freezing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla APP freezes on my iphone 14 and my wife's iphone 14 when I try to schedule a service. It freezes while I am entering billing address (while trying to enter city (Pasadena, CA) in billing address).
I have logged out and deleted the app, a few times on both phones, it stil freees.

Any thoughts? Thanks,

Here is what happens: I want to rotate the tires. After specifying it, i am asked to enter the location of the car. I am then asked for billing information - name, etc. When I try to tneter the city, the screen's illumination reduces, and the save button is disabled. So I cannot complete entering the billing address. I cannot bypass it and move ahead either. I cannot go back either. The screen simply gest stuck there. The app had the same problem in December when I tried to schedule a service. I finally drove to the seervice center and setup the appointmenr, I then forgot all about it until now.

Here is what happens: I want to rotate the tires. After specifying it, i am asked to enter the location of the car. I am then asked for billing information - name, etc. When I try to tneter the city, the screen's illumination reduces, and the save button is disabled. So I cannot complete entering the billing address. I cannot bypass it and move ahead either. I cannot go back either. The screen simply gest stuck there. The app had the same problem in December when I tried to schedule a service. I finally drove to the seervice center and setup the appointmenr, I then forgot all about it until now.
Try to enter your billing information on the website instead of on the app.

Also another tip that works if the car is not connecting to your app is to disable wifi on your phone and use mobile data. This typically helps the app connect immediately.

I cant find a screen to enter billing information on the website. I have a payment method set up, so i dont even know why i am asked to enter billing information. I have tried with and without wifi on my phone and my wife's. Same problem.
Press the menu on the top right, scroll down to account, then login into your account. Then click Dashboard, then Profile Settings. Under there you can set your address.

Last edited:
Nifty- I didn’t know that..It works better..even though I have Blasting good WiFi 👍 Thanks👌
Yeah, I found that mentioned somewhere on the forums and every time the app spins, I just do this and most of the time it connects immediately. I think it has to do with the VPN Tesla uses, when using Wifi (regardless of how fast or good it is) it just doesn't connect and keeps spinning.

Yeah, I found that mentioned somewhere on the forums and every time the app spins, I just do this and most of the time it connects immediately. I think it has to do with the VPN Tesla uses, when using Wifi (regardless of how fast or good it is) it just doesn't connect and keeps spinning.
It’s not Tesla’s VPN, it‘s the VPN you’re using on your phone (if any). I use NordVPN when traveling, and it usually interferes with the Tesla app and accessing the Tesla website.

You know that it will be cheaper to carry it somewhere else to rotate, don't you?

It’s not Tesla’s VPN, it‘s the VPN you’re using on your phone (if any). I use NordVPN when traveling, and it usually interferes with the Tesla app and accessing the Tesla website.
AFAIK, Tesla uses their own VPN to connect to the car. That's why if you use a VPN it screws up. I have no VPN set up or enabled on my phone (nor the default Android on), yet I frequently get the spinning when on Wifi. There's something about the configuration of WiFi that trips it up (could be firewall settings or whatever) but when using mobile internet it never has that problem.

I have tried various methods
Press the menu on the top right, scroll down to account, then login into your account. Then click Dashboard, then Profile Settings. Under there you can set your address.
The address is available there. When I try to schedule a service using the app, I am asked to enter location (I am currently away from the address in my account for an extended period, helping my kids with their babies, so I have to enter my current location. I am then asked to enter biiling address. The app then freezes when I reach the city prompt.

I still can't use my app to schedule a service. Does anyone have a phone number where I an speak to a human being who deals with the maintenance of the Tesla App or knoes someone who does. (Hpefully some of you are Tesla employees/insiders. The service advisors at three different Tesla centers were clueless.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still can't use my app to schedule a service. Does anyone have a phone number where I an speak to a human being who deals with the maintenance of the Tesla App or knoes someone who does. (Hpefully some of you are Tesla employees/insiders. The service advisors at three different Tesla centers were clueless.
It used to be if you scroll down in this page, click to "contact us", some of the options allow you to do a chat (it would show "Do you need more help?"). I was able to get someone to help me retrieve a service message that way (the app notified about a message, but I couldn't open it to see it). But it seems they no longer offer that.
Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support

One way you might be able to reach someone at a SC to help you schedule service is perhaps just to visit their page and then call them. This seems to be the nearest to Pasadena:
Alhambra-1200 West Main Street | Tesla

Or if you are not there, you can find the closest SC using the map (hide the other things like "Stores and Galleries" and show only Service).
Find Us | Tesla

But reaching someone that can do app support probably is not going to be easy.
They only have an automated help:
Tesla App Support | Tesla Support

It suggests using Wallet function to delete and add payment methods. Have you tried doing that? Have you tried doing that in the browser also (delete your existing payment method and add it again, or just delete it outright and see if it gets you past the service screen before adding back).