Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a call from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes. they said it would be ready in the next few days. as far as the contactless delivery measures they are implementing:
  1. A pin will be provided to access your vehicle
  2. all documents need to be e-signed ahead of pick up
  3. payment needs to be provided ahead of time. meaning inspection of the car is not available before funding.
So what stops the inside of the car from being touched/sneezed in by a Tesla worker that's asymptomatic but a carrier? Are they Purelling the insides before they leave it for pickup?

I'm serious. This virus is pretty hardy on surfaces for days.

Reactions: Cape Coddess
The survival rate on those surfaces seems to be up to 3 days, void of any UV light which would only shorten the life. Seeing as most deliveries have been longer than that, I don't know if it would be a huge issue. You could always give it a wipe down with some clorox wipes.

Reactions: IdaBish
The survival rate on those surfaces seems to be up to 3 days, void of any UV light which would only shorten the life. Seeing as most deliveries have been longer than that, I don't know if it would be a huge issue. You could always give it a wipe down with some clorox wipes.
Exactly. But someone drives the car to the delivery point, and I highly doubt that's days before delivery.

This is a nasty, nasty bug.

I am not sure about Black with Chrome Delete much. Almost all colors are looking very good at this point.

I would make sure with them that you changing color will not place you back in Line.

P.S. I dont see anyone talking about RED one yet. Why not go for red one?
The black on black is amazing in person. I wasn't too sure myself but it is much better in person, chrome delete just goes with the wheels being more of a satin look.

Reactions: Electric Steve
I ordered a Black LR AWD w/ induction wheels and FSD. They called to ask if I wanted to switch over my order to either a MSM, Blue, Red or White as those are available otherwise the black will be another 2-3 months.

Exact same config here and same phone call today. I’m sticking with Black.

I’m actually relieved with the 2-3 month timeline (in addition to however long the factory is shut down). I don't need the car immediately and I’d like to see how the economy plays out prior to taking delivery.