Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got a Model X loaner. What to check out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Automatic door opening on approach. Panoramic windshield. Laugh at the storage space if the second row doesn't fold flat. Admire the storage space if it does fold flat. Use the Falcon Wing Doors every chance you get in parking lots. Set the suspension to "Standard" height and accelerate quickly to see if it shudders. Do the FWD's show obstructions when there are none, especially when hot? The view from the second row is really pretty nice. Try a fast corner to see what it's like sitting higher up.

• Informative
Reactions: BulldogsRus
Try to go completely without touching any door for a full day, nor have any passenger touch any door. With automatic doors enabled, you can open the driver side door anytime with double-pressing of the top of the keychain. Do another double press, and it opens the passenger side (only after the driver side door opens). Triple press the top to close all four doors and the trunk, that is always fun (just remember to disable single-press to close all doors, otherwise you'll probably do it by accident). When in the car, don't close the driver's side door, just use the brake pedal to close it. Use the screen to open/close doors from inside.

The "press the brake pedal to start the car and close the door" is addictive. Whenever I use another vehicle, if I don't remind myself enough before getting into the car, I naturally press the brake and then wonder why my door is still open.

• Informative
Reactions: BulldogsRus
How do I enable automatic doors? I can't seem to find a setting. (2019.32.12.7) I really like the automatic open/close, wish the S would have came with it. Being higher up feels weird, my S definitely corners much better, but I can't tell how much is S vs X and how much is all the tire/wheel/suspension mods I've done.