Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Email, on 09-06-18 - here is time line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved back 12-30-16. Car is long range, awd, pearl white, 18" aero wheels, premium interior, premium black, and advanced autopilot. Ordered on 07-03-18, and received the email from Fremont California on 09-06-18, that I would be able to pick up car between Sept 20th and Sept 27th in Decatur, Georgia. That is 377 miles away from my home on Dauphin Island, Al (south of Mobile, AL) so I responded with a question asking if home delivery was an option or if I could pick up car in San Antonio, TX where I have to be for a grandchild's birthday on the 20th through the 23rd. A few days later, 09-10-18, I got another Email that stated that since i changed it to Home Delivery, they would be back in touch me with details at a later date. That was it. No contact info nor timeframe, nor explanation of how home delivery works, costs, etc. I waited a couple of days and yesterday (09-12-18) called Tesla main sales number. Nice guy told me that being changed to home delivery wouldn't change delivery schedule more than a week or so. Also said that no VIN number had been assigned yet, but should be based on emails I received within a week to 10 days. I would then get a call with instructions on paperwork, timing and where to send check, etc. (Paying Cash). So... I guess I'm getting close at this point. Will update when I hear anything else.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911