Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My 2021 VIN!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took a friend of mine (and referral) to his delivery today for his AWD Model Y, VIN 78,xxx.

This car had the insulated front side windows, metal scroll wheels on the steering wheel, USB in the glovebox, new seat control buttons and the auto-dimming side mirrors.

To add a data point, the Y was in perfect condition. I have a very picky eye (3 Teslas owned personally) and 17 referrals, so it was fantastic to see such a great build. All the panel gaps were tight and consistent, the rear seat buttons collapsed the seats perfectly, the paint had no blemishes, and the interior was spotless. The Y production has come a long way in a short time.

Wishing you all the same results at your delivery!

I took a friend of mine (and referral) to his delivery today for his AWD Model Y, VIN 78,xxx.

This car had the insulated front side windows, metal scroll wheels on the steering wheel, USB in the glovebox, new seat control buttons and the auto-dimming side mirrors.

To add a data point, the Y was in perfect condition. I have a very picky eye (3 Teslas owned personally) and 17 referrals, so it was fantastic to see such a great build. All the panel gaps were tight and consistent, the rear seat buttons collapsed the seats perfectly, the paint had no blemishes, and the interior was spotless. The Y production has come a long way in a short time.

Wishing you all the same results at your delivery!

That's great! Did the new MY have the new middle console design/wrap, rather than the fingerprint magnet black?

That's great! Did the new MY have the new middle console design/wrap, rather than the fingerprint magnet black?

Good question.... but no, it had the shiny black console.

That said, I showed them there's a lot you can do to customize the "classic" console. On my Stealth 3, I've added real wood veneer and have on order the side trim pieces in an alcantara-type fabric from AliExpress.

Tesla Model 3 2017 2020 Turn fur interior full set of |Interior mouldings

Besides wraps, there are thicker matte plastic and hard plastic carbon fiber look/colored trims for sale:

Car central control panel protective patch for Tesla Model 3 2017 2019

Car central control panel protective patch for Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 ABS Imitation carbon fiber red white

I ordered mid November and am still waiting on delivery, so I can't fully recommend until I see the items installed, but I'll follow up once I do with pictures. I assume the consoles on the 3 and Y are the same, and hopefully these work on both.

Last edited: