TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Got my Delivery/Finance notice

Discussion in 'Florida' started by rogbmw, Jan 2, 2013.

1. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

Just logged into my Tesla account - and had a new button! Delivery is set for the end of Jan/first week in Feb. WOW!!! Guess I had better get busy and sell my 1M. I can't wait. I live just NW of Orlando in Mt. Dora, and they said I could either pick up the car in Tampa at the service center, or have it delivered to my house - I selected home delivery. Also need to have the electrical outlet added. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

2. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

1M? What is 1M?

3. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

Sorry, guess you have to be a BMW aficionado?

4. ClearwaterBchSteve

ClearwaterBchSteve P445 / VIN 1794

I had the home delivery service on 12/21 and it was great. My car was prepped and detailed at the Tampa service center and hand delivered by Ben Bird (who has done at least 50 deliveries in FL so far). The experience was wonderful - you will be thrilled! Just this morning, I visited the service center to get the tire pressure monitoring system calibrated (they didn't have the proper tool when my car was delivered). The service center is very nice and they have the equipment to do just about anything required.

5. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin Model S Perf Sig 1055

Congratulations Roger!

It won't be long now.

Larry

6. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I'm in exactly the same position. Out of interest, how do you plan on advertising/selling your car? eBay? I'm just trying to weigh up the options now (with CarMax or similar being the last resort if I cannot sell it privately).

7. ClearwaterBchSteve

Ironically, I passed a BMW 1M Coupe in my Model S today on I4 east of Tampa. It was the first one I'd seen - Maybe I was the first Model S the other driver had seen as well??? :tongue:

8. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

I hate to sell it as they are VERY rare (only 740 for the USA were produced), but - I can't wait to get the S so its gotta go..... Quick and neat car though.

9. TampaLiam

TampaLiam Secret Agent

I'm having to sell my 2011 535i... Tried craigslist, USAA & facebook with no luck. It has an eBay auction ending tomorrow... my twice-lowered reserve hasn't been hit yet... I'm a bit concerned.

10. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

You can also post inthe for sale section here on TMC.

11. ClearwaterBchSteve

Welcome to the forum Will. Your Bimmer is sweet - somebody will buy it. How many miles? - I forgot to look when I sat in it. Our Model S's are going to be so similar we'll need to do some custom stuff to set them apart a bit :cool:

12. TampaLiam

TampaLiam Secret Agent

Well, they will not be together often... as yours will be spending a lot more time hooked up to the charger ;)

Mine has the spoiler and the dark rims... so at least there is some difference on the outside.

Maybe you can paint "STEVE'S CAR" on each side of yours so people know..!

- - - Updated - - -

As for the BMW... 33.8k miles. Lots of packages and options.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/535i-/261149629302?_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_1288wt_1182

13. ClearwaterBchSteve

Very funny. Don't forget, the extra charger and spoiler make your car heavier! :eek:

14. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

Looks like I may have sold the 1M - but it is never done until I receive the funds as the old saying goes. The person who is buying mine was from one of the BMW boards.

15. TampaLiam

TampaLiam Secret Agent

Which board??

I just made a verbal agreement to bring mine down to Ft. Myers BMW on Saturday and get ripped off.... but have a check in hand from a real company...

16. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

I advertised my BMW on both the BMW CCA website (BMW Car Club of America), and 1 Addicts. I would suggest looking at Bimmerforums and the BMW CCA (if you are a BMW CCA member) websites for a 5 series car.