Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my first real ding...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
San Diego Airport's super-cramped parking. Ugh. I knew I was taking a risk but had to hustle to make a flight. So...the resulting dent isn't horrible; only visible when the light hits it right. But it did leave a white scratch. Ideas for repair? Anyone know of a good San Diego shop to take it to? Would ceramic have helped avoid this? Again, ugh.

San Diego Airport's super-cramped parking. Ugh. I knew I was taking a risk but had to hustle to make a flight. So...the resulting dent isn't horrible; only visible when the light hits it right. But it did leave a white scratch. Ideas for repair? Anyone know of a good San Diego shop to take it to? Would ceramic have helped avoid this? Again, ugh.

Not sure if you attached a photo of the issue, I am unable to see it. But based off of your description of it, ceramic would not have prevented this. Paint Protection Film on the other hand may have been able to. It would have at least helped with the scratch. For example, We just had a customer bring his car in because a landscaper tapped it with what looks like a weed wacker, the film did it's job and saved the paint! we replaced the piece of film and he was off and running again like it didn't happen.

As far as the dent goes, Film isn't going to stop a good hit, but it will help more than a ceramic coating.

For my obvious door ding picked up at Westfield UTC, I went to Dent Time, which has two locations in SD (Sorrento Valley and San Marcos) and also a mobile service. Myke let me watch the repair process and did a great job removing the dent. Yelp has many matches for Paintless Dent Repair.

+1 for Dent Tent. They’ve expanded to NorCal.

My car is fully wrapped with Xpel. Here’s before and after a dent and scratch. Scratch wiped away (due to Xpel) and Dent Tent repaired the dent.

Before...
083197F5-0FFB-424B-B24B-21E7D5137335.jpeg

After...
562C65F4-FA70-4541-B09A-640CC1D17A27.jpeg

Ceramic is equivalent to a super wax. PPF will self repair small scratches/dings.