Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Governor Edwards got a chance to meet Red Dragon last night.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Darmie

Supporting Member
Jan 13, 2016
Santa Fe TX.
Take a non car lady, provide her a Tesla and the two worlds come together.

It amazes me the joy my wife Karen gets with ownership of the Model X. Last weekend, there was a local evening car show. I was working that Saturday and mention that if we are to go, may want to wash the car. I would not have thought in a million years she would wash a car. 7am that morning she was out there getting Red Dragon cleaned up. Moving to last night. We were invited to the local National Night Out which is on their thirty fifth year of celebrating, Sulphur La. put on by the local PD and fire departments.
To our surprise, Governor Edwards was attending and took a quick opportunity to see inside Karen's model X. I was excited for her. She really loves her car and showing the community what a Tesla is all about...

Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards Experiences The Tesla Model X At National Night Out | CleanTechnica

Another great article written about Red Dragon by Clean Technica.

Tesla Model X Wins Classic Car Show Benefiting Children In Need | CleanTechnica

The real trophy was the Elon likes.

5aae9c2b-b599-42ae-8ad6-f94ed33d4815.jpg

Likewise in California, this last Tuesday, was National Night Out Day, we had a block party in my street and I pulled out the 1958 Chevy convertible and the 2018 model X out of the garage. We had a block party, a pot luck, a barbershop quartet, and a car show! Amusingly, I was able to run the Model X Christmas show successfully three times for my neighbors. It absolutely cracked people up, they had no idea that it did this.

I also played a practical joke. I had the '58 Chevy out in front with the top down and the MX in the driveway, and of course, all of the guys, wanted to see the engine of the Chevy, a 283 4-barrel, so I opened up the hood to oogle the spacious engine compartment, then I asked if they wanted to see the front of the Tesla, they all did. So I popped open the Frunk... and... there is nothing there! Ha ha!~