Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS and cameras not working, first happened/noticed few days after 2023.44.30.14 SW update.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GPS is stuck at home. So, Navigation doesn't work. Summon doesn't work. Homelink doesn't work. Whereever I drive, car thinks I am home.

All cameras are not working. Camera preview is blank. Camera calibration says cannot perform now. So, FSD beta and Auto Steer don't work.

Tried pressing the brake and two thumbwheels, tried Power Off in Safety menu, tried hard reset by disconnecting the high power connection (under rear passenger seat) and disconnected neutral on battery under trunk.

Has anyone else experienced anything similiar?

GPS is stuck at home. So, Navigation doesn't work. Summon doesn't work. Homelink doesn't work. Whereever I drive, car thinks I am home.

All cameras are not working. Camera preview is blank. Camera calibration says cannot perform now. So, FSD beta and Auto Steer don't work.

Tried pressing the brake and two thumbwheels, tried Power Off in Safety menu, tried hard reset by disconnecting the high power connection (under rear passenger seat) and disconnected neutral on battery under trunk.

Yes. I've had a 22MYLR, never had the issue but have a 22M3LR which has had this issue for the last two months.

Hard reset works (disconnecting the HV battery for ten minutes. Lift up the back seats by pressing the two white buttons, remove the Styrofoam on the right hand side, then unplug the cable - super easy though scary the first time). Make sure you wait atleast ten minutes with it unplugged. Then 2 button reset. Wait and drive for the GPS to reconnect and camera will be back.

It seems to be a software issue overloading the ecu / computer and the service centre response is to do the HV battery disconnect hard reset and then change the computer if it reoccurs. I've submitted my service ticket for the computer but it seems like it's a fairly common issue!

Upvote 0

Happened to me a couple months ago. Cold boot the car, on the screen, not the steering wheel. Issue resolved.

You have to sit in the car with doors and windows closed for 2 or 3 minutes, so park in the shade.

Upvote 0