Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS, camera and VCFRONT_a59 errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Yesterday, the car "assistance" tools stopped working. The car had been resting on an airport parking for a couple of weeks. Battery at pickup was 40%. Drove home and everything collapsed after 15 minutes of driving:
-no GPS
-no camera
-no cruise control

On the other hand, car makes a high pitch fan noise when comes out of sleep.

Tried soft and hard reset. Update is pending, it downloads but doesn't install it.
Service mode shows VCFRONT_a59_InutResistanceHigh error.
In the cooling section, the fan goes from 2300 on idle to over 4000 when I exit the service menu.

The appointment has not even been considered by Tesla, and I'm supposed to go on a family trip in a couple of days...

Any suggestion?

You can start by providing more details about your vehicle. Model, year, RWD/AWD, LR or Std? We can't help you. Why is it that all first time posters just state the problem and not the platform. Sorry to come across like a pendecho, but it is difficult to help you without this vital info. If it is under warranty Tesla must help you.

You can start by providing more details about your vehicle. Model, year, RWD/AWD, LR or Std? We can't help you. Why is it that all first time posters just state the problem and not the platform. Sorry to come across like a pendecho, but it is difficult to help you without this vital info. If it is under warranty Tesla must help you.
... Makes complete sense.

It's a Tesla model 3 AWD from year 2021. Warranty expired two months ago. No external app or anything is connected to the car, rather than the official app.

I had a similar problem a few months after the initial purchase and the changed the onboard computer. So, the new onboard computer should be under warranty.

Reactions: Soul Surfer
Alex,
I would escalate to Tesla and advocate that this is a repeat issue. This makes no sense at all that they did not do the "right thing". I would escalate to a regional or national, senior person.

Do you do an excessive amount of km's? Wow! My 2021 M3 LRAWD only has 28,000 km's on it. I will probably be red before my warranty runs out - yes, I'm an old man.

I've got 66000 Kms on it. Yes, we use it quite a lot.

They replaced the onboard computer and solved the issue, it hasn't repeated for over a year (and it used to happen almost every month). It doesn't make sense for the problem to be back.

And I sense the warrant won't cover it and I'll have fill a lawsuit...

Checking the service menu: PT Pump and Battery pump go wild whenever I activate the car. From 2300ish to 4000.
All temperatures are around 30 Celsius.