Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Timing ETA Wrong

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seem to have a problem with my GPS when navigating. The ETA is always out by at least half an hour, sometimes up to an hour.

No traffic affecting the routes, and the navigation directions is spot on. It is just the timing that is waaayy out.

Even a short 15 minute trip will show an ETA of about 45 minutes. I can be 2 minutes from my destination and it still shows 15 minutes to go.

Anyone else experiencing this?

seem to have a problem with my GPS when navigating. The ETA is always out by at least half an hour, sometimes up to an hour.

No traffic affecting the routes, and the navigation directions is spot on. It is just the timing that is waaayy out.

Even a short 15 minute trip will show an ETA of about 45 minutes. I can be 2 minutes from my destination and it still shows 15 minutes to go.

Anyone else experiencing this?

My MS GPS no signal, after reset the bog screen still no signal, called CS who told me that requires services, it less than 1100km now

I figured out why this is happening. There are quite a few backroads in Hong Kong that I use and the speed limit according to the Tesla map is completely wrong.

It obviously uses these extremely slow speed limits in the map to calculate arrival time....some roads are listed as 15km/h where the limit is actually 50km/h.

Does anyone know how we can get these updated?

Mine is still not fixed today. It is not updated and doesn't have the intelligence to decide which is the fastest route.When I use the GPS, I will use my Google Map on my Android phone to decide which route is the quickest. Then I let the GPS guide me when I am close to the destination.