Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grammar Misteaks, Spelling Misteaks, and Bad Puns :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
spellcheck.jpeg

required gratuitous characters

I received my car (VIN 524) Tuesday Night. So, I've been driving the last few days. I'll update momentarily.
Do I misremember or did you once say your father has one on order, too?

btw, "momentarily" really means briefly, not soon. But persistent misuse is likely to win the day, as there's not a good substitute term, just the phrase "in a moment". :crying:

Thanks. The DS told me it wasn't working so I didn't attempt anything; I'll give that a try tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I keep remembering things: the black support bar across the pano roof...it's really quite discrete, I actually didn't notice it until I went back to specifically look for it.
Oog! :confused: Messing with my head. I knew that was wrong, but couldn't figger out why. I knew "discrete" means distinct, separate. But... The online dict cleared it up for me: "Sounds like: discreet". Whew! That's better. :rolleyes::biggrin:

Congrats on the happy wife! Now I'm really jealous ...

These are similar misteaks I've found over the years, all naturally occurring. They're sometimes called homophones.

roll model
tough road to hoe
throws of rejection
in a humorous vane
your the judge
to mind-numbing
timed laps photography
dire straights
big waist of money
separate the wheat from the shaft
with baited breath
a mute point
a shoe-in
ad homonym argument
read the last rights
web sight
after words (afterwards)
taught suspension
free reign
towing the company line
standard fair
makes due
runs the gambit (gamut)

Random thoughts on that list:

roll model
The perfect baker!

tough road to hoe
Planting flowers in the median

throws of rejection
Substitute pitcher

in a humorous vane
Laughable weather forecast

your the judge
An inarticulate sentence?

to mind-numbing
An overzealous anesthetist

timed laps photography
What a Nascar cameraman does

dire straights
Distraught heterosexuals

big waist of money
Currency belt?

separate the wheat from the shaft
The baker got terminated

with baited breath
Morning after a fish dinner

a mute point
Sign language

a shoe-in
Bag for storing footwear

ad homonym argument
Discussion about this list

read the last rights
Map that leads you in clockwise circles

web sight
Online opthamologist

after words (afterwards)
Periods.

taught suspension
Trapeze instructor

free reign
Cheap monarch

towing the company line
Greyhound bus recovery service

standard fair
Boring village celebration

makes due
Club treasurer

runs the gambit (gamut)
Chess referee?

Last edited:
It is finally here: S-1092 Vin 791. I feel so fortunate to be one of the first owners of the Model S. I appreciate all the work that went into designing and building this amazing car: from the first sketch to the person who bolted on the tires … THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

WOW what an amazing car to drive…I won't repeat what everyone has already said…words don't do it justice anyway; you have to experience it :love:

Punch list stuff: still no parcel shelf, kid seats, lighted mirrors or sun shades but did have front mats and chubby.
'Grats! But even tho' it's superfluous, unnecessary, and impossible, PLEASE describe your reactions and experiences. In detail. There can NEVER be enough of that stuff!

BTW, who was the chubby guy? The DS?? :wink:

This really needs to be addressed in the next update, if not sooner. It is potentially dangerous. what if you are in drive and your cat goes under the car, put in in park and the cat gets squished? :eek:
Oh, it was my neighbors cat, no worries :tongue:
Same if it was your neighbour's kid? :scared::p
Wondering how to fix prior to the next update ... I know! Put blocks under the car! Or heavy duty inner tubes, or ...