Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Granny charger adapter/3 pin plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a bit of a test today (fortunately, ie not a necessity) I decided to test out charging my SR+ at work from a plug socket.

Looks like I've only got a two pin adaptor for the granny charging cable, which obviously also wouldn't allow my outdoor cable extension to close (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004R255VQ) since it's not at a right angle.

Am I missing something? I thought a 3-pin came with the car so I don't know if this has been left out or if I'm wrong on that?

ZHWmSoW.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655
I’ll buy that adapter off you if you don’t need it

I'll let you know!

Yes, definitely try to hang on to it! Russinating should just stress that the 3 pin plug adapter wasn't supplied ... no need to mention the Schuko which could be very useful if you are ever allowed to travel abroad again!

Noted. They've just replied and said "Very sorry about this! Of course you are entitled to a Three Pin! The service team have raised a job case under the vehicle vin to supply a Three Pin. The Service and Parts will now act to pick a part and notify you on how you would like to pick up it/delivered."

I may be going away this weekend, hence the test, though may be cancelled because of the c-word! Hoping I can collect today or tomorrow in case.

Reactions: Mr H
A related, but slightly different question: I am currently only charging via 3-pin whilst I wait for my proper charger to be installed... And one thing I have noticed is that, even when scheduling the departure, I still get very poor regenerative braking (and a message explaining as much).

The cabin seems OK (ie not too cold). But the battery is clearly not warm enough.

Is this simply down to the low power of the 3-pin, and is something I will have to live with?

Yeah, the rest of us will pay for you helping yourself.

Of course if Tesla say hang on to it / not worth the cost of getting it back to us, that's different.

I think he's entitled to some recompense given that he was not properly supplied with an item that he had paid for, also for the inconvenience of finding out what should have been supplied, and then the delay! It will remain a cheaper fix, even if he keeps an additional £30 part, than the multiple owners going back and forth for workshop repairs due to inadequate PDI checks. Small beer but I would happily donate my share ... in fact I already did because I gave Tesla $1000 for over 3 years, interest free, which (according to Tesla sales) didn't affect how quickly I ultimately received my car!

I think he's entitled to some recompense given that he was not properly supplied with an item that he had paid for

That isn't the same as just keeping it and not letting on.

Tesla have apologised and are sorting out the replacement. If they offer to pick up the wrong one, or to pay for it to be shipped back and for inconvenience etc., that's all that should be expected. I think it is much more likely that Tesla will say "keep it" because the restocking cost and return carriage (for something that is only about £30 I think) won't be worth it

I find the "I'll just hang on to this because I'm entitled" culture abhorrent. If someone thinks they have been aggrieved then they should tell the supplier and demand compensation. Not deliberately rip them off, that's behaving worse than the supplier that, in this case, probably just made an honest mistake

I am happy to agree that Tesla make this sort of mistake far too often

That isn't the same as just keeping it and not letting on.

Tesla have apologised and are sorting out the replacement. If they offer to pick up the wrong one, or to pay for it to be shipped back and for inconvenience etc., that's all that should be expected. I think it is much more likely that Tesla will say "keep it" because the restocking cost and return carriage (for something that is only about £30 I think) won't be worth it

I find the "I'll just hang on to this because I'm entitled" culture abhorrent. If someone thinks they have been aggrieved then they should tell the supplier and demand compensation. Not deliberately rip them off, that's behaving worse than the supplier that, in this case, probably just made an honest mistake

I am happy to agree that Tesla make this sort of mistake far too often

Getting compensation from Tesla would be like charging your Tesla with a hamster wheel, near impossible!