Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green Light Detection - Too Fast!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with what you are saying here, but how would you feel about the fleet having a baseline behavior, that is specific to every car in the fleet, but then having an AI component that makes the car drive more like the driver does? Baseline would be pretty much how Auto Steer functions today, for whichever level of autonomy the customer has paid for, but then AI could make adjustments for things like how quickly I pull off the line, or how closely I follow the car in fort of me, or when I change lanes I over take or I allow others to pass? These little nuances could enhance the AP experience and make it unique for each driver based on how they drive.

But...you’re paying for their driving software to drive you, not...to learn to drive LIKE you. When you take a cab, do you insist the cab driver adopt your style?

I agree with what you are saying here, but how would you feel about the fleet having a baseline behavior, that is specific to every car in the fleet, but then having an AI component that makes the car drive more like the driver does?

I'd feel pretty terrible given how bad the average driver drives.

The goal of FSD is a self-driving system better than humans.

Once it gets to L3 or higher I'm not going to care, or even notice, the "style" it drives in- I'll be busy reading a book, watching a movie, or for L4 or higher sleeping.

Baseline would be pretty much how Auto Steer functions today, for whichever level of autonomy the customer has paid for, but then AI could make adjustments for things like how quickly I pull off the line, or how closely I follow the car in fort of me, or when I change lanes I over take or I allow others to pass? These little nuances could enhance the AP experience and make it unique for each driver based on how they drive.

Most of those already exist as settings under autopilot behavior... follow distance, lane change aggressiveness...settings for TACC speed offsets... (even different acceleration modes exist though I dunno how much they impact AP if at all)

The only way I find them useful is because it's still an L2 system where I am driving, even though the car is helping.

If I was no longer required to be actively paying attention, why would I care?

Reactions: TX_M3P+ and nvx1977
I think a 0.500 reaction time is slow.. if it dings at you, then you are sleeping at the light. Maybe Tesla should update the screen to this...

ChristmasTreeSI_800x.jpg