Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grey Model S written off at 39 miles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just been hearing about a Grey Model S 85 being written off at 39 miles. Could this have been before delivery to the customer? Did anyone on here have theirs delayed? Would have been a few months ago I assume. Seems the battery still had the storage charge and had never been charged, that is why I am thinking pre delivery.

Edit sorry about the typo in title, unable to edit

Last edited:
Just been hearing about a Grey Model S 85 being written off at 39 miles. Could this have been before delivery to the customer? Did anyone on here have theirs delayed? Would have been a few months ago I assume. Seems the battery still had the storage charge and had never been charged, that is why I am thinking pre delivery.

Edit sorry about the typo in title, unable to edit

Doh!

Any idea where it's gone? Could be an opportunity for someone to use for home storage ;)

Doh!

Any idea where it's gone? Could be an opportunity for someone to use for home storage ;)

Yes Nantwich current asking price 10k +VAT but over the phone guy said about 10k. Mike Schooling says the battery blocks are hard to reuse but guy in USA broke a batt for energy storage on youtube. The other parts may be useful drivers door, rear lights, motor, glass, rear hatch looks slightly damaged and any internal parts. Energy storage seems to be a waste of such a good pack to me. Old cells from a degraded pack would be fine for that. Average house 12 kWh per day so one weeks electric energy from a pack.

If Tesla were not so protective of their cars you could buy it and upgrade your 60. If they ever want to be a mainstream manufacturer they will have to grow up and accept there will be an aftermarket for parts and maintenance. Or am I just too wedded to the traditional motor market thinking?