Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

One Year in....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 1st March 2023 I proudly took delivery of my MY, with 14 miles and 39% battery. One year later it has covered 15,760 miles at an average of 224Wh/mi

During that time the only issues I can recall have been:
  1. Picked up a slow puncture which required a new tyre after only 6 months.
  2. Returned to car one night to find that the screen had frozen - after a second or two of panic, I remembered the two button reset so gave that a go and it was fine.
  3. Driving through Manchester a week ago the Sat-Nav threw a total strop and meltdown and had me positioned off the road, along the canals, and going through buildings - It just seemed to be completely clueless. Thankfully it sorted itself out after 30 mins with no other intervention.

After a year with the MY I have spent £772.19 on home charging, an average of £64.35 a month (compared to my previous car using about £2100 of diesel annually). In addition to this I have used a Tesla supercharger three times and one other rapid charger once, so probably another £60 or so on public charging.

Overall, it's been a brilliant car and one that I've been proud of. I hope all the new '24 plate owners enjoy an equally rewarding year.

Photos taken on delivery day a year ago and a grubbier version of the same car this morning (while the sun was trying to show itself at 6.45am, before it decided to hammer with rain!)....
20230302_130937.jpg
20240301_065159.jpg

What did you put on the alloys? Some cover or changed the alloys? It looks marvellous!
Just some covers. I got them from Tessories: Wheel Accessories - Tessories UK 🔋

As Jason71 notes, they cover the whole rim of the wheel which has been handy on at least one careless occasion! Though the set I have don't appear to be in stock with them anymore. Lots of other providers though. I like them for now and they add a bit more protection, but I also like the OEM look.

Just some covers. I got them from Tessories: Wheel Accessories - Tessories UK 🔋

As Jason71 notes, they cover the whole rim of the wheel which has been handy on at least one careless occasion! Though the set I have don't appear to be in stock with them anymore. Lots of other providers though. I like them for now and they add a bit more protection, but I also like the OEM look.
I think they have come down in price a bit as well. I have some like the ones that are still in stock for £145 and I paid about £85 on Ebay. Quality may vary I guess but mine seem fine and I am already on my second set so i'll take the cheap ones 😁 .

Why is that? Did you lose the previous one or just wanted a refresh?
Curbed 3 of them.
Never owned an SUV before or anything this wide and I think the combination of the different driving position and the width has lead to a number of curbing incidents. I am not even going to 100% blame the wife either ( for once :) )
I still struggle to place it accurately now when parking and since I always try to park in end spaces curbs are never far away.

You can’t if she is driving only the Fiat! That’s why I give mine a few times and then put the blame on her for curbing. I know mine never checks the wheels whether she curbed or not.
Ha ha. I ordered the new set the week we got the Fiat. Since i thought that would be a good time for a fresh start. Before that she was driving the Tesla to work daily. I said i was not 100% blaming her I didn't say it wasn't mostly her.
So now she drives a car with unprotected diamond cut alloys. What could possibly go wrong....

Reactions: spdpsba