Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had an accident..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New?
Insurance totaled
when people in the model 3 subforum post about accidents, and someone says "hey post the video" and I say "I really really advise against doing that, because you have absolutely nothing to gain. Additionally, some TMC people really really REALLY love digging into these type things to assign blame", I get pushback from some saying "its up to them, etc".

This thread is a perfect example of why I say that, and why NO ONE should post an accident video here unless they are open to discussion on everything they "should have done" or "could have done" and driving codes, etc etc. There is absolutely zero to gain, except "a bunch of random people online agree with me" if that happens, but normally its a bunch of people digging into "if you look carefully, at 2:14, you can see a slight hesitation......." type stuff.

I will say again, NO ONE should ever post their accident videos here unless the discussion in this thread is what they want.
Well said. Solid advice. Looking back, I don’t know what I was thinking posting this expecting anything positive. A little part of me hoped that I would get some sympathy perhaps. Which I did.. but the other end of the spectrum was much harder to swallow. I take criticism and advice we’ll with actual friends and family when face to face. But, from a bunch of random people on the Internet it’s hard to justify their comments without immediately assuming that they have “make you feel worse” intentions. Lesson learned.