Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2023 Model Y had a front end collision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first post! I collided with a car that was going straight and I was turning left - very slowly. I simply did not see the car and did the Tesla not see it either? The collision avoidance didn't prevent me from hitting the car. It wasn't bad enough to deploy the airbags. When is it supposed to help? I can post a pic if it helps and I have the dashcam footage. Thank you!

My first post!
Actually its not, your first post was about an accident, on october 5th, in this thread here:

When is it supposed to help?

I could post the links to the Tesla manual that explain when its supposed to help, along with all the reminders that the human is still in charge, etc, but if I do that, people will say I am being insensitive. So, I will just say I am sorry about your accident, but the driver is always in charge, the fact that you can post about having an accident, in general, means that the safety equipment did fine since you are still here to post about it.

• Funny
Reactions: WyoDude
I want to see the dashcam footage!

The car won't prevent you from running into things if not in FSD. You should have heard some beeping just before you ran into the other car, though.
I would like to but I need a little help in how I get it off of the thumb drive to post it. I can play open the drive to play the accident, but not get it into a file I can find. No, I didn't hear anything this time. When I am driving behind a car that slows down fast it alerts me and I can feel the car applying the brakes/

Actually its not, your first post was about an accident, on october 5th, in this thread here:

I could post the links to the Tesla manual that explain when its supposed to help, along with all the reminders that the human is still in charge, etc, but if I do that, people will say I am being insensitive. So, I will just say I am sorry about your accident, but the driver is always in charge, the fact that you can post about having an accident, in general, means that the safety equipment did fine since you are still here to post about it.
I guess! Bad memory! How do you do that? I am new to this.

I would like to but I need a little help in how I get it off of the thumb drive to post it. I can play open the drive to play the accident, but not get it into a file I can find. No, I didn't hear anything this time. When I am driving behind a car that slows down fast it alerts me and I can feel the car applying the brakes/

Plug the thumb drive into your computer. It will show up as a drive when you browse for it, and look in the dashcam folder. You'd have to find the appropriate file for the time.
Then upload it to YouTube or Vimeo, or share the file on DropBox, OneDrive, Google Drive; those are the steps at a very high level..