Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hail damage 3 days after delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just accepted delivery on a new model Y 3 days ago and it got a couple dents from hail.

Am I out of luck?
Not necessarily, getting hit by hail happens to a lot of people so I wouldn’t say you’re out of luck.
Get an estimate and submit an insurance claim if necessary.
I’m totally ignoring your actual question since it’s so ridiculous to even think anyone else would be responsible for fixing your hail damage.

I just accepted delivery on a new model Y 3 days ago and it got a couple dents from hail.

Am I out of luck?

"out of luck" meaning what exactly?

If your question is "Hey I just took delivery of this car 3 days ago, and it got hail damage. Can I return it and get another one or am I stuck with this car?"

The answer to that is "you cant return the car, so you are stuck with it and need to get it fixed"

If, instead, your question is "I just took delivery of this car 3 days ago and it got hail damage. Can I get it fixed?" Then the answer is "sure, you can get it fixed. Take it to a body shop and submit to your insurance."

The way it reads, "Am I out of luck" is not clear what you are asking... although people in this situation usually are asking "can I return it? in which the answer is "no".

"out of luck" meaning what exactly?

If your question is "Hey I just took delivery of this car 3 days ago, and it got hail damage. Can I return it and get another one or am I stuck with this car?"

The answer to that is "you cant return the car, so you are stuck with it and need to get it fixed"

If, instead, your question is "I just took delivery of this car 3 days ago and it got hail damage. Can I get it fixed?" Then the answer is "sure, you can get it fixed. Take it to a body shop and submit to your insurance."

The way it reads, "Am I out of luck" is not clear what you are asking... although people in this situation usually are asking "can I return it? in which the answer is "no".
Yeah, it was a thoughtless question.

Yeah, it was a thoughtless question.

I disagree. It's clear that the original post, more concisely, reads as "My brand new car was hit by hail - am I very unlucky?"

The answer is Yes. You are out of luck. Your luck has run out. You are one unlucky Tesla owner. That's too bad.

On the bright side, you're alive... and own the world's second best vehicle (Model 3 being #1), and that likely also puts you in the top 20th percentile of wealthy people in the world. Things aren't so bad.

Good luck with your car!

Reactions: Yelobird
Those hail dimples, like a golf ball, gives you more range.

IMG_2435.jpeg