Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Half of Screen Unresponsive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 Model 3 LR - Screen glitched out while driving so I performed a soft reboot at my next stop. Ever since, only buttons on the bottom bar and left side of the screen are working. Everything from the Nav side over is unresponsive. Performed several soft reboots but no change. Wanted to power cycle off the vehicle but that button is unresponsive and can't be done. Service appointment scheduled for next week. Spoke to a tech over the phone and he implied it may be mechanical. Anyone else experience this?

2021 Model 3 LR - Screen glitched out while driving so I performed a soft reboot at my next stop. Ever since, only buttons on the bottom bar and left side of the screen are working. Everything from the Nav side over is unresponsive. Performed several soft reboots but no change. Wanted to power cycle off the vehicle but that button is unresponsive and can't be done. Service appointment scheduled for next week. Spoke to a tech over the phone and he implied it may be mechanical. Anyone else experience this?
Is there water or something stuck to the screen? I know after cleaning the screen, if the screen is still wet it can glitch out, but that usually fixes itself after a reboot.

Maybe you can wait until the car sleeps by itself (it powers off anyways after around 30 minutes in park and no one in driver's seat).

Upvote 0